Pennant article form the echo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Sat May 19, 2007 5:21 pm

pennant has proved all the doubters wrong and there were quite a few on here, who seem to have hushed up
good to hear he has pride in the shirt and hopefully he can continue to improve
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 19, 2007 11:19 pm

If he wants to be more like Ronaldo, the first thing he needs to do is dip his face into some vegetable oil.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Sat May 19, 2007 11:49 pm

it is your day
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby Sabre » Sun May 20, 2007 12:12 am

I like Pennant in the pitch. I think he's been a very good signing up. Should LFC had a player like Arteta who can play in the right midfielder role (perhaps the new Brazilian guy will do this), Gerrard shouldn't have to play in the right again. Because both of the winger role and midfielder rol for the right, would be covered.

Pennant was brought for a reasonable money and his first season has been more than decent. I'm happy with him.

Outside the pitch, there's something I don't like about Pennant. Some of the things he says.

I didn't like it when he said he deserved a place in the English Squad. Even if you're right, you're not the one to say that about yourself, others must do that. Pennant should focus on working hard.

The quotes of this thread are not much of my taste neither. He shouldn't look at Ronaldo, he shouldn't want to be like him, he just must be a better Jermain Pennant, and do his stuff.

It's obvious that if his goals are the English squad and being like the best winger of the league, he's ambitious and that's good. But the proper place to say how good you are is in the pitch, not in the press room.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 am

Sabre wrote:I like Pennant in the pitch. I think he's been a very good signing up. Should LFC had a player like Arteta who can play in the right midfielder role (perhaps the new Brazilian guy will do this), Gerrard shouldn't have to play in the right again. Because both of the winger role and midfielder rol for the right, would be covered.

Pennant was brought for a reasonable money and his first season has been more than decent. I'm happy with him.

Outside the pitch, there's something I don't like about Pennant. Some of the things he says.

I didn't like it when he said he deserved a place in the English Squad. Even if you're right, you're not the one to say that about yourself, others must do that. Pennant should focus on working hard.

The quotes of this thread are not much of my taste neither. He shouldn't look at Ronaldo, he shouldn't want to be like him, he just must be a better Jermain Pennant, and do his stuff.

It's obvious that if his goals are the English squad and being like the best winger of the league, he's ambitious and that's good. But the proper place to say how good you are is in the pitch, not in the press room.

I agree with this man! He is correct,on any front one must take action where it is needed.

I have been reading here for a while now.Saber why are you not a moderator now?
Did you get the sack like Roeder or choose to stand down like Allardyce?
The Grudge

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:30 am

bavlondon wrote:Definatley. When I heard before that he was saying "he was satisfied with himself" I was thinking wtf this guy pleases easy doesnt he. But as you said in the last 15 or so games he has played well.

I just hope he can put in a good performance on Wednesday.

Spot on.

Some of his comments like this one and the 'I've nothing to prove to anyone' were totally the wrong things to say in my eyes and really didn't help win the supporters over. It seems that these comments probably dropped alot of pressure on to his shoulders from day one and the crowd were always gonna make it tough for him if he had an off day.

He has improved vastly over the tail end of the season and should we have had a striker with a bit more aerial conviction and more of a tendancy to get himself into the  six yard box we may have seen a few more goals added to the FOR tally.

As for todays comments I just think that again he's piling some pressure onto himself. Although he doesn't directly say that he can be Liverpool's ronaldo, people are only gonna remember the line
JERMAINE PENNANT wants to become Liverpool's answer to Cristiano Ronaldo

and start barracking him if he doesn't deliver.

My advice would be, keep yer gob shut Jermaine lad and go about it quietly and things may just go smoother for you.

The Manhattan Project wrote:If he wants to be more like Ronaldo, the first thing he needs to do is dip his face into some vegetable oil.

:laugh:
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun May 20, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sun May 20, 2007 12:33 am

My opinion is that Pennant has always had talent.The lad just cannot express it at times for LFC.
He has ability,that is not in doubt but confidence and feeling part of the cause have been a major factor in his hot and cold performances this season.How desperate must he feel to prove himself?

That confidence can be shot down pretty quick when he finds his ar.se on the bench or in the reserves,the lad needs games and given them will be a success!

How does a player please a crowd or manager when he is not playing in big games?
The Grudge

Postby neil » Sun May 20, 2007 1:19 am

he expects to bring it home next season,i reckon he will.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun May 20, 2007 8:39 am

I have been reading here for a while now.Saber why are you not a moderator now?
Did you get the sack like Roeder or choose to stand down like Allardyce?

Not good enough for the LFC squad, like Steve Bruce.  :laugh: So I resigned.

BTW perhaps I misunderstood some of the words of Pennant this time. While I don't like his looking at Ronaldo for comparisons (because that will put too much pressure on the player, and LFC paid less than 7M for him), when I reread all the quotes as a whole, I find it's ok.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 20, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion