Less quality than mu? - Hell no!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sat May 05, 2007 9:48 am

It's not nearly as clear cut as Gattuso makes out :-

Liverpool vs Man Utd - Records 2004/5 - 2006/7

Liverpool P177 W104 D29 L44 F273 A147 (Won 58.76%)
Man Utd P173 W111 D35 L27 F333 A132 (Won 64.16%)

Considering that includes Rafa's first season in the Premiership that's closer than most would expect. And the mancs have struggled in the cups against decent opposition, they beat Arsenal in the League Cup but they've failed to win in other non-league meetings against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Premiership

Liverpool P112 W62 D21 L29 F164 A90 (Won 55.36%)
Man Utd P111 W74 D23 L14 F212 A86 (Won 66.67%)

Half our defeats came in Rafa's first season. We don't get quite the level of help from referees as the mancs do. THAT 'penalty' Ronaldo won against Boro and the one Boro should have had more recently just two examples. They don't get so much help in Europe and it shows!

Champions League

Liverpool P43 W25 D9 L9 F61 A27 (Won 58.14%)
Man Utd P30 16 D5 L9 F56 A24 (Won 53.33%)

Rafa mastering straight away what fergie hasn't in a decade, even with £100m+ squads. We've got further than the mancs in EACH of the past three Champions Leagues - they didn't even make it out of the group stages in 2005/6

Other Cups/Trophies

Liverpool P22 W16 D0 L6 F48 A30 (won 72.73%)
Man Utd P32 W21 D7 L4 F65 A22 (Won 65.63%)

Of course it's all about trophies and fergie has a much more expensive squad which he's been building a lot longer than Rafa.

Trophies/Finals

Premiership

Liverpool 0
Man Utd 0 - but in pole position to win in 2006/7

Champions League

Liverpool 1 - and a final to come in 2006/7
Man Utd 0

FA Cup & League Cup (wins/finals in brackets)

Liverpool 1/2
Man Utd 1/2 - with the FA Cup Final to come

Other

Liverpool 2/3 - won the European Super Cup and Community Shield, but lost in the Club World Championship Final
Man Utd 0/1 - lost the Community Shield

So the mancs are probably going to go 1-0 up in terms of league titles and maybe add an FA Cup to that while Liverpool face the prospect of going 2-1 up in terms of major trophies. It's funny we're getting labelled a "cup side" yet the mancs have played more domestic cup matches than we have in the past three seasons!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Thu May 10, 2007 3:18 am

LFC #1 wrote:
alxy wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
alxy wrote:"It's certainly special. The Reds have less quality than Manchester United, but they're more physical," Ancelotti said.

WTF? We have less quality than Man.ure? That I have to disagree. Perhaps their top players like Ronaldo and Rooney (the way they are playing currently) are slightly above any of our own top players, but no way the rest of the team is better than ours!

Let's go down the team:

Goalie: Reina is on par, if not better than Van Der Sar. And Reina is only 23 I think? He will definitely get better with age. And no one is better than Pepe when it comes to penalty stops!

Defence: Carra-Agger definitely much better than Ferdinand-Vidic. Our c-halfs are more clinical and don't lose focus as much as MU's clowns. And in Agger, we have a defender who looks just as comfortable taking the ball into midfield as Ferdinand. Finnan? Better than whoever they have playing in RB nowadays. Riise/Aurelio. Better in an attacking sense than Heintze, but defensive wise probably not

Midfield: Gerrard-Alonso-Sissoko-Mascherano, 'nuff said. But flair-wise, still needs a lot of work to take on Ronaldo-Giggs. Pennant is finally showing promise though.

Attack: Maybe our weakest link. Kuyt-Crouch-Bellamy-Fowler have got their own individual strengths, but none of them are the complete deal yet. Still with exception of God, the rest are still relatively young, and will hopefully improve over time. Shrek is the only one worth mentioning here. Rest of MU's strikers are worse than our lot.

Terrible post If I'm honest.

Why is that? I'm being too kind to MU?  :)

Mate you couldn't even remember who the right back was for Man Utd?   :laugh:

He's one the most (if not the most) hated players in Liverpool but also happens to be the best right back in the country even if he is a kunt. Know who he is yet?

Need I go on as to why it was terrible?

Yes you need to explain to me why you think our team is inferior to  theirs. Performance-wise, I have already said that we lose to them soundly this season and just about every other season before that. But team-wise, hell no!

Best right-back in England...let me think again.... Finnan right? Nope can't remember that RB for MU.... Smelly something right?
alxy

Postby babu » Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 am

alxy wrote:Yes you need to explain to me why you think our team is inferior to  theirs.

alxy, none of my business really, but he didn't say he disagreed with you (granted he probably does). He said it was a terrible post.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 am

alxy wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
alxy wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
alxy wrote:"It's certainly special. The Reds have less quality than Manchester United, but they're more physical," Ancelotti said.

WTF? We have less quality than Man.ure? That I have to disagree. Perhaps their top players like Ronaldo and Rooney (the way they are playing currently) are slightly above any of our own top players, but no way the rest of the team is better than ours!

Let's go down the team:

Goalie: Reina is on par, if not better than Van Der Sar. And Reina is only 23 I think? He will definitely get better with age. And no one is better than Pepe when it comes to penalty stops!

Defence: Carra-Agger definitely much better than Ferdinand-Vidic. Our c-halfs are more clinical and don't lose focus as much as MU's clowns. And in Agger, we have a defender who looks just as comfortable taking the ball into midfield as Ferdinand. Finnan? Better than whoever they have playing in RB nowadays. Riise/Aurelio. Better in an attacking sense than Heintze, but defensive wise probably not

Midfield: Gerrard-Alonso-Sissoko-Mascherano, 'nuff said. But flair-wise, still needs a lot of work to take on Ronaldo-Giggs. Pennant is finally showing promise though.

Attack: Maybe our weakest link. Kuyt-Crouch-Bellamy-Fowler have got their own individual strengths, but none of them are the complete deal yet. Still with exception of God, the rest are still relatively young, and will hopefully improve over time. Shrek is the only one worth mentioning here. Rest of MU's strikers are worse than our lot.

He's one the most (if not the most) hated players in Liverpool but also happens to be the best right back in the country even if he is a kunt. Know who he is yet?

Yes you need to explain to me why you think our team is inferior to  theirs. Performance-wise, I have already said that we lose to them soundly this season and just about every other season before that. But team-wise, hell no!

Best right-back in England...let me think again.... Finnan right? Nope can't remember that RB for MU.... Smelly something right?

Gary Neville mate - as much as everyone hates him, he's the best right back in the league. Finnan would be a close second for me. Neville has more to his game, particualrly his ability to overlap.

As for the rest of the team. Evra and Heinze are better than anything we have at left back and their centre half pairing is stronger than ours - Ferdinand and Carragher would be the pick of the two with Vidic as back up if you were to pick from all of them. Overall though, their isn't a lot in it defensively.

As for midfield, you'd take Gerrard and Scholes (on form) with Ronaldo and Giggs as wide men. Centrally we have more depth and quality than them but out wide it's embarassing how much quality they have in comparison to us, same up front. None of our lads would get in their side ahead of Saha and nowhere near Rooney.

Reina is a better keeper than Van der Sar so overall you'd have 3 (maybe 4 if you played Xabi ahead of Scholes)  Liverpool players out of 11.

We're so far behind in the league for a reason mate, anyone can see that they are a better and more consistent side than us at the moment.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Fri May 11, 2007 3:24 am

LFC #1 wrote:
alxy wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
alxy wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

Let's go down the team:

Gary Neville mate - as much as everyone hates him, he's the best right back in the league. Finnan would be a close second for me. Neville has more to his game, particualrly his ability to overlap.

As for the rest of the team. Evra and Heinze are better than anything we have at left back and their centre half pairing is stronger than ours - Ferdinand and Carragher would be the pick of the two with Vidic as back up if you were to pick from all of them. Overall though, their isn't a lot in it defensively.

As for midfield, you'd take Gerrard and Scholes (on form) with Ronaldo and Giggs as wide men. Centrally we have more depth and quality than them but out wide it's embarassing how much quality they have in comparison to us, same up front. None of our lads would get in their side ahead of Saha and nowhere near Rooney.

Reina is a better keeper than Van der Sar so overall you'd have 3 (maybe 4 if you played Xabi ahead of Scholes)  Liverpool players out of 11.

We're so far behind in the league for a reason mate, anyone can see that they are a better and more consistent side than us at the moment.

Consistent performances, yes.... but quality no! But then again, that's what matters unfortunately. I would love to see Liverpool string together consistent performances like what MU have done this season. They have proven you don't need 11 good players to do so, only 1-2 excellent ones and another 1-2 good ones... the rest just need to play their roles.

Anyway, LFC#1, let's get on with the other threads. You might be right that this post is not so hot to begin with. I guess it has gone on longer than it should already.

Cheers!  :)
alxy

Postby zuokao » Fri May 11, 2007 6:52 am

waiting for that night in Athens     milan's boss will eat his word as :censored:!

anyway, i love paul maldini
Robbie fowler 4ever !!
zuokao

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion