Rafa benitez - I'd hate to play him at poker...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Thu May 10, 2007 12:29 am

I don't like slow playing. It always get you stuffed eventually.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Take away the champions league final and this season has been absoultely awful.

Going out of both cup competitions within a matter of days of each other and to lose twice at anfield to go out of 2 cup competitions is simply not acceptable.

I along with most reds expected us to make a big challenge to try and wrestle the league title away from chelseas grasp, the fact that we have got no where near them again is not acceptable on its own, but to let man u win the league without putting up any sort of fight to stop them hurts a lot.

overall most of the players have had decent seasons, the problem being that they havent played well as a team on enough occasions especially away from home.

I think finnan has been his usual consistently good self, carra has been outstanding as always, and crouchie has had a fantastic season considering he doesnt seem to be first choice as often as I personally think he should be, and one of the highlights of the season for me was his hat trick aggainst arsenal.

We could do with adding a world class striker to the team next season, hopefully eto or villa, but other than that I dont think we are too far off making a big challenge for the premiership if we can sort our away form out and also with a world class striker i would hope this would make the difference between drawing at home against teams like blackburn, everton and portsmouth and being able to break their defences down or find a bit of inspuiration from somewhere to force a win that we should be getting anyway.

I think next season is a big season for players like gonzalez, kuyt and pennant to try and prove that they have settled at the club and will become good liverpool players for years to come.

Hopefully harry kewell will come back, stay injury free and refind the sort of form he was showing last season.

It will be an interesting summer with Rafa looking like he will have a bigger budget than usual, lets hope he spends it wisely on 1 or 2 world class players and we come back after a decent summer break this time and start the season all guns blazing and we can mount a decent title challenge from their and who knows maybe even look at getting number 7 (providing we win on 23rd may).

The game on the 23rd May will decide whether this season is remembered as a disapointing season or a great season in the memories of all liverpool fans, lets hope that it turns out to be a great season and lets bring back number 6.

come on you reds!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 pm

If Rafa played poker, then me and him would share one thing in common - bad beats.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 11:15 pm

I left this post for when I had more time, and it was worth the reading

When I say slow playing, I am speaking of course, as some of you will know, about poker. For those of you who don't play or know, slow playing is a specific tactic for playing the game which I will now explain with an example. I have this friend who I play poker with called Liam and he is a master of this art. Liam will sit at the table, guarding his chips and doing absolutely nothing. Even when he has a good hand, he will never make the first bet. But if he has a good hand and someone else bets, he'll match it all the way to the end. He doesn't always win, but he always lasts a long time and he accumulates enough chips to sustain him and his frugal approach for ages. It makes him safe, always with a chance of getting second place or even first and impossible to read.

The hunt down (or something) tactic "A la cazada". An old one used in a lot card games!!

It's good to have you back, great post.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion