The summers biggest signing. - Rafa must get him!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Give him time for chist sake. Hes not played that much football this year and for him to come in like he did and play as well as he did shows that he is indeed a quality player. Im sure once hes had a proper pre season and conditioned well for next year we will see him play even better.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat May 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Still waiting for Stu to rip this one apart.

Stuart, Stewy dearest, where are you? :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 pm

Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote:I think we need more Brazilians, Kaka and Ronaldinho would do at a pinch :D

I was just thinking of the crash hot Argentinians like Pellegrino, Paletta and JS Veron  :D

Can't think of too many successful Brazilians in the Premiership, past or present.

Jininho (I can't remember how to spell it) who played for borough was good.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2007 11:29 pm

kazza wrote:
Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote:I think we need more Brazilians, Kaka and Ronaldinho would do at a pinch :D

I was just thinking of the crash hot Argentinians like Pellegrino, Paletta and JS Veron  :D

Can't think of too many successful Brazilians in the Premiership, past or present.

Jininho (I can't remember how to spell it) who played for borough was good.

yeah, juniniho was a decent player for boro.
i remember when newcastle signed a brasillian years ago called mirandinha (sp?), he was a real novelty back then because it was before the game was saturated with foreign players.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun May 06, 2007 12:18 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
gato_busta wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Here's the 2 possible things I have heard.

1) We have signed him on a 18 month loan for £1.5m with the option to buy him for £17m anytime during that period.

2) Because of the complications we had to sign him for £10m.

Either way I WANT US to sign him.

For me he's already on his way to being a lot better than Makalele and thats a very high compliment as Maka is the MAIN reason Chelsea won the title the last 2 years and for me is one of the most useful players in the world.

Here we go again! :no

does this mean you dont rate mascherano either stu?

Of Course I think the lads a quality player but saying he's better than Makalele was?

Thats absoloute rubbish.

Where did I say he was better than Makalele Stu?  Re-read the post and I SAID he is "well on his way" to being better than Makalele. Whatever way you have tried to interpret that I don't know, but all I suggested was he is showing that he can be better than Makalele and I genuinely think he can. He's only 22 and a major name in the game of football.

Mascherano doesn't control a tempo and offer any base for starting attacks. He loves a tackle, he's a very very very good player and one I rate highly.

I'll think you will find he does do all this. Look back to his time before he was with us in the World Cup. Every single thing Argentina done went through Maschereno, therefore he controlled the tempo and was the major base for the start of the attacks. Go on to youtube and look at that goal by Cambiasso, everything went through him. We have not seen that side of him yet but I'm sure we will.

But Makelele was immense and statements such as that are exactly why I can't stand Doddy's posts. They're quite simply full of blind faith and overating's of our own players.

Its not blind faith, its a little belief. My views differ from yours. Do I overrate Fowler, Pennant, Mark G?  You thought Pennant was going to be a world beater, I didn't think he was. You think Crouch is sh.it but he's our top scorer and an important member of the squad. Our views differ, so what?

Just because I don't agree with your views, you dismiss them as wrong. Why?

Oh because you played football at some capacity and are on friendly terms with a few coaches down at Whiston? Behave yourself, everyones entitled to a opinion and you or no-one for that matter can be right on everything.

Oh and by the way, someone does agree with me. :) and he knows a little about football:

"Of all the youngsters to have come through in recent years, the one who impresses me most is Javier Mascherano.

"He is a monster of a player and destined for great things."

Diego Maradona

He's to sloppy to control a tempo of a game.

Where do I say you overate Fowler, Pennant or Gonzalez and what do they have to do with the arguement?

You're clueless about the sport to be fair and completely biased.

Diego Maradona is an Argentinian drug addict. (Argentinian being used for making the point of him being biased towards a follow countryman not racisism before some baffoon picks up on that).

I also never said Pennant would be a "world beater".

I also never for a second said Crouch was "shite".

Typical idiotic arguement.

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby gato_busta » Sun May 06, 2007 6:17 am

I think Mascherano will prove to be the best adquisition that Benitez has made since Xabi Alonso. The guy is class and there is no denying that. He made his debut for the argentinian national team about a month before he made his debut for River's first team which IMO is something really amazing. He was inmense in River which is why I never got why he and Tevez (In that time the top goal scorer in boca and argentina) went to Corinthians. He was also amazing there so it made no sense for him to go to West Ham. Now he finally is playing again and is finally in one of the greatest teams in the world, where he belongs. He has already made a big impact on the team, but IMO next season we will really see what he is capable of.

Oh and stu is right, he never said crouch is :censored:, he just said he is not good enough   :rasp
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Rafa D » Sun May 06, 2007 8:16 am

Stu.Murph wrote:Typical idiotic arguement.

:laugh: Stop it!

Stu.Murph wrote:He's to sloppy to control a tempo of a game.

See above thread, I've give perfect examples of how he can control the game. However I don't see him or Liverpool playing that way with him.

Stu.Murph wrote:Where do I say you overate Fowler, Pennant or Gonzalez and what do they have to do with the arguement?

Here you go:

Stu.Murph wrote:statements such as that are exactly why I can't stand Doddy's posts. They're quite simply full of blind faith and overating's of our own players.

You said I overrate our own players, isn't Fowler, Pennant or Gonzalez our own players!?! I could of swore they were all named in the 18 man squad on Tuesday night. The fact is I don't overrate our players, I give them a chance to improve and learn. If I was Rafa these 3 mentioned would most certainly be shown the door come June 1st.

Stu.Murph wrote:Diego Maradona is an Argentinian drug addict. (Argentinian being used for making the point of him being biased towards a follow countryman not racisism before some baffoon picks up on that).

I don't see the need for the drug addict bit, we all know that, but we also know that he was probably the best player the world has ever seen and is still a lot more involved than any of us in football. I could use the same argument for you with you being English, you seem to rate Ashton, Barton and Ryan Taylor very highly - is it because their English? Or is it because you played against them? Your views are just as biased as Diego's.

As for Pennant and Crouch, you clearly built Pennant up before he got here and most of the older members will agree. He has not performed. Crouch, you seem to hate and are forever complaining at whoever gives him some praise.

Back onto the subject of Maschereno, I think he's hopefully a sign of things to come under the new owners.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingred » Sun May 06, 2007 11:24 am

he is world class the last couple of games hes played hes starting to show us how good he realy is his tackling is pur quality and he can play to am glad we got him now we just need his little mate
kingred

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion