Patrick berger

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adayinthelife » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:03 am

We have Kewell on the left and yet people want an injury prone player who struggled to pass the ball more than 10 yards. ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:10 pm

Berger didnt really reach the heights that we all expected of such a good player but left us memories of some blistering strikes and i'll never forget that ball he played for Michael's winner against Arsenal at Cardiff!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jelly » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:28 pm

Patrik Berger.. hmmm...... I don't really like him or hate him. He just were there.
Jelly

Postby Sean » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:09 pm

When Evans signed Berger in October 1996 we had Collymore and Fowler up front and McManaman, Barnes and Redknapp.  Pity we had such a ****** defence coz there was plenthy talent in the side.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Don't you mean plenty of 'Spice Boys'  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:34 pm

i always thought houllier got rid of the wrong czech. however berger's injury record didn't exactly do him any favours. scored some blinding goals though. i remember one against derby away when we won 4-0. absolute belter. heskey (yes him) got a hatrick. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby blind » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:51 pm

i just remember saying to my brother in law at the start of the Portsmouth match " just watch him go and bloody score"

which he did.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:52 pm

you can guarantee that heskey will have a blinder against us next season when birmingham come to anfield. past players always come back to haunt you. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:54 pm

My best memory of Paddy Berger was when he scored an absolute screamer of a free kick againsty the Mancs... think the score ended 1-1 cos Hyppia got injured just before half time and Solksjaer the jamm git got an equliser.... stil what a free kick
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:58 am

stmichael wrote:i always thought houllier got rid of the wrong czech. however berger's injury record didn't exactly do him any favours. scored some blinding goals though. i remember one against derby away when we won 4-0. absolute belter. heskey (yes him) got a hatrick. :D

Maybe Evans signed the wrong Czech!!!

Remember back to Euro 96, Manchester United jumped on the Poborsky bandwagon and we jumped on the Berger bandwagon!!!

If Ferguson and Evans would have been better judges of players, they could have picked up the young Pavel Nedved.  I think he was at Sparta Prague or somewhere, could have got him on the cheap rather than the £25 million Juventus paid Lazio for him.  That would have been a masterstroke.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion