Owen, baros and cisse - Who should be the starting forward?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby akumaface » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:34 am

Not sure if you guys would agree with me but I think it's more effective to start Baros and Cisse over Owen especially if SG is going. Owen seems to have lost some of his speed and poise. Losing his speed is deadly as I didn't see Owen blow pass many defender this year. Of course I understand he is being marked differently but it appears to me Baros is a little faster and fitter than Owen. As for Cisse, he should complement Baros better than Owen because he is strong and should take couple defenders to take him out and that should create more space for Baros to shoot. I personally think Baros shoots better than Owen. What do you guys think?
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieRed » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:48 am

Dont underestimate owen, although i agree with what you say.. you must remember that owen has been affected by injuries over the past year and the style of play under GH wasnt the type that allowed for cutting balls through deferences.. he is world class... a rotation could do me fine.. i couldnt see owen staying under that deal though as he rates himself too highly to sit on the bench..
AussieRed

Postby blind » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:25 am

Baros and cisse should to give Michael a Kick in the ar*e that we can play very well with out you son so if you do not want to stay we will be fine.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:10 am

I think it is going to be between Owen and Baros for who will play alongside Cisse.

I dont base this on skill or ability, merely the fact that Owen and Baros do not seem able to play together.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:53 am

but i think after the performances in Portugal Baros may get the nod ahead of Owen.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:59 am

all the talk about owen having injurys as an excuse for his form is rubbish, baros broke his leg and is back playing good football
clint

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:06 pm

I would have Baros over Owen on current form Michael needs to prove his place in the team as he has always had a starting place if fit, Baros works the channels well and it would be good to have a big strong attacker in the box like Cisse, we should play who ever is in form and not just choose Owen just because he's Michael Owen.  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:40 pm

well we cant just tell owen to f.uck off after all he's done for the club. he has to be at least given a chance in the first team next seaon. if it doesn't work out then, we drop him and sell him in january when the transfer window opens.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:48 pm

the liverpool website claims that owen will sign a 2 YEAR, 65k a week extension within the next fortnight, putting to bed any speculation that he may be leaving anfield this summer.

owen will start the first game of the season against spurs alongside cisse, you can guarantee it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby akumaface » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:00 am

I really hope if Owen is going to start along Cisse, he would need to perform. Otherwise, if LFC do not have a good start to the season, Benitez will take the heat for sure. It will alienate Owen if Baros does indeed start over him.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion