Barney rubble agrees with jimmy - At last the legends are talking sense

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:41 pm

As per my previous topic on jimmy case urging stevie to stay, alan kennedy spoke to liverpoolfc.tv:

Liverpool legend Alan Kennedy has welcomed the appointment of Rafael Benitez as the new Reds manager and has urged Steven Gerrard to stay at Liverpool. 

In an exclusive video interview with Kennedy, he has sent out a message to club captain Steven Gerrard urging him to stay at Anfield despite strong interest from Chelsea, and believes the player should give the new boss Benitez a chance.

Kennedy says as the club captain Gerrard should have a commitment to Liverpool especially as the player has made no secret that he is a life long Red.

Kennedy was at a golf day with Kenny Dalglish to raise funds for the Hillsborough Families Support Group. The man whose goals won two European Cup Finals for Liverpool says he is a big fan of Benitez.

Kennedy said: "I think it's a very good choice. Would you believe I was in Barbados on behalf of the Children's Trust and who did I meet but Rick Parry. Rick was having a nice time out there but would he give anything away? Say who was the choice as new manager? Not a dicky bird!

"We felt there was something happening and then it was announced that Benitez was the new manager. I think everybody is not surprised because we have said it would be him. His record speaks for itself and we have to give the guy a chance.

"Let's hope Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen give him a chance as well. I think you have to give the manager a chance and see what his thoughts are, what his beliefs are and how he can take Liverpool into the top two or three and go from there."
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:05 pm

Good post Leon.

Interesting how he says he met Parry on holiday and Parry would divulge nothing about the new manager.

It looks like Liverpool contacted Benetiz a few weeks ago but both parties kept shut until Benetiz quit Valencia.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion