4 year contract to 15year old star

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:27 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:neutering some local talent.

:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:29 pm

babu wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:neutering some local talent.

:D

LOL Only just saw that.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redsfan5 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:24 pm

well we need some way to keep recruiting players... man utd has signed at least 3 contracts this week young and old... at least liverpools looking to sign some future stars
Redsfan5

Postby Mannyk » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:45 pm

Must be really something to be considered at 15 as a hot prospect. Does any body know what the club offers to a kid a that age??
Mannyk

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:23 pm

Its right they they look to sign on promising young players but most of these young lads fall by the wayside.

I guess its about averages and the more you sign on the better chance you have of finding a real player.

I should think that if you checked every clubs books to see how many of these wannabes made it big time it would make interesting reading.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redsfan5 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:32 am

most famous ones are deff michael owen and wayne rooney wouldve been good to have rooney with the success hes having at the r devils
Redsfan5

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:14 pm

Falkenberg teenager Astrit Asdarevic believes he is on the cusp of winning a deal with Liverpool.

The 16-year-old has just returned from a second trial with The Reds and is reported to have impressed the club's academy coaches.

"I got the impression that they want me to move there as soon as possible," Asdarevic told Hallands Nyheter. "It went really well."

Asdarevic admits he has been overwhelmed with the recent chain of events and is in two minds over which path to take.

"I have just returned from England and it's hard to consider everything right now," he added.

"I am very keen to go. It's a world-class club and I could get a chance that might never come back, so it's hard to reject it.

"But at the same time, I am not sure if it will be the right choice. It might be better to play another season in Superettan.

"I don't know."

skysports
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:59 am

16-årig svensk jagas av Liverpool

JAGAS AV LIVERPOOL Falkenbergs Astrit Ajdarevic.

Foto: BILDBYRÅN

”De vill ha mig så fort som möjligt”

Astrit Ajdarevic, 16, har en del att fundera på.
  Den svenske jättetalangen väljer mellan fortsatt spel i Falkenberg, spel i allsvenskan – eller flytt till England och Liverpool.
   Pojklandslagsmannen har nyligen kommit hem från sitt andra besök hos Premier League-jätten.
  – Jag fick uppfattningen att dom vill att jag skall flytta dit så fort som möjligt, säger Ajdarevic till Hallands nyheter.
  Även allsvenska Helsingborg har hört sig för om Ajdarevic, men det troligaste är fortsatt spel i Falkenberg, där han under säsongen fick debutera i superettan, eller flytt till Liverpool.
  – Jag är hur sugen som helst. Det är ju ett världslag och jag får en chans som kanske aldrig kommer tillbaka så visst blir det svårt. Men samtidigt är jag inte säker på att jag väljer rätt, kanske hade en säsong i superettan varit bättre, jag vet inte.

Johan D Lundin

For those of you who cant read Norwegian heres a picture
Astrit Ajdarevic        He looks just like me ffs (could be my twin)
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:11 am

he looks like patrik bergers kid:D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:14 am

phew... let blame it on Berger I was getting worried   :D

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:30 am

Seriously though i think it's great that we are signing all these promising younsters, that must be atleast 15 benitez and his staff have brought in since they re-vamped the youth policy.
If just a handfull of them make the grade in the first team squad weve saved millions on what they could cost in the future

Some people say it will give our home grown players less of a chance but at the end of the day if there good enough (gerrard carra owen god etc) they will make the grade

would you rather have a scouser who plays 10 good games a season or some french kid playing 30 good games a season?
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:38 am

I don't care where they come from if they are good enough. My worry is that many of the young foreign players find it very difficult to settle and get homesick etc, then they dont develop as they should and finish up back in their own country trying to rebuild their career.

I am glad that Rafa seems to be trying to build a great future for the club. I heard we already have a great 15 year old prospect who plays striker. Eccleston ? not sure of the name but hes supposedly the next big thing.

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:44 am

I agree with you there saint i think moving to a new country starting a new life can be to much for alot of 15,16,17yr old's no matter how talented they are. But we shouldnt feel to sorry for them because they all jump at the chance to do it and to be honest i would in their shoes (or boots)

Maybe we should sign these players but let them carry on developing in their natural surroundings until there are a little bit older, say 18,19
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:54 am

I agree mate that could be one answer. Hopefully Liverpool will ensure they settle well when they do come over and are well looked after.

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:08 am

Alonso at that age was in the sub's bench in a local team. Other seemed to be stars and didn't manage to tryumph in a top league when they grew up.

Offering contracts to 15 year old lads has something disturbing in it, but that's nowadays football.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion