I can only hope

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:26 pm

I think we have a good enough squad in general but I think with three realistic targets, we could be real title contenders. They are:

Morten Gamst Pedersen on our left wing would be absoutely fucking perfect.

Matthew Upson would put in some classy performances for us after Benni teaches him the Liverpool way just like how he turned Crouchie from zero to hero.

Andrea Caracciolo is the real deal.

Reina
Finnan Agger Carra Riise
Stevie Alonso Momo Pedersen
          Kuyt Bellamy

Rotation also so fowler upson caracciolo hyypia crouch pennant blah blah would come in aswell.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:36 pm

Last year people were saying we were 2 or 3 signings away from a title winning squad. Over the summer we signed 5 new players and it seems we are still a long way away from winning the title.

Although I would be up for signing Pedersen, where did it come from? Have we been linked with him or did you just buy him on footie manager and he scored a couple of goals?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:40 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I think we have a good enough squad in general but I think with three realistic targets, we could be real title contenders. They are:

Matthew Upson would put in some classy performances for us after Benni teaches him the Liverpool way just like how he turned Crouchie from zero to hero.

Reina
Finnan Agger Carra Riise
          Kuyt Bellamy

Rotation also so fowler upson caracciolo hyypia crouch pennant blah blah would come in aswell.

Although I would be up for signing Pedersen, where did it come from? Have we been linked with him or did you just buy him on footie manager and he scored a couple of goals?

:D

I like Pedersen, but Liverpool really need a right back, and a defensive midfield player before we look at other positions IMO. Mica Richards and Parker would be ideal.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:13 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I think we have a good enough squad in general but I think with three realistic targets, we could be real title contenders. They are:

Reina
Finnan Agger Carra Riise
          Kuyt Bellamy

Morten Gamst Pedersen and Matthew Upson are 2 good players..but only that good players.
They shine in average teams because they are better than most if not all of their team mates.
Ask yourself honestly if signing these 2 would bring us closer to Chelsea and UTD and i think if all are honest we would firmly say no...i dont think they would strenghthen our squad in any way!

It appears to me that Raffa has the players he feels he needs to construct a successful and steady squad.We may all forget as long as Raffa is in charge about the same starting 11 week in week out because it simply is not going to happen.Regardless of all our opinions on rotation we need to get used to the fact that its the way things are.

The reason we have not been playing well this season lies with the players as much as the manager..effort and passion are not there.They are finding it har to adjust to Raffas ways now he has a big squad!The thought that signing 2 players that look good in mediocre teams is not the answer to long term success!

The team simply has not gelled...its very hard to gel a regular starting 11 with new additions early in the season,its a hell lf a lot harder to gel 20 regular starters that are in and out of the team but its still very possible....The bottom line is its just going to take a lot longer.Maybe all fans should all try and take a piece of Raffas calm,confidence and reserve most af all patience.
Things will come good in time,our managers record says that there can be no other outcome.

It would be great to win the EPL but it wont happen this season.Top 4 will do me!

A short term fix of signing players that are on a roll or looking good may work for a month or 2.But id much rather wait a season or 2 and have maybe 22 players that can start any time any match with any other player and look like a 'starting 11'

For a squad to gel is just going to take time!
66-1120597113

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:56 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:

Reina
Finnan Agger Carra Riise
          Kuyt Bellamy

Morten Gamst Pedersen and Matthew Upson are 2 good players..but only that good players.
They shine in average teams because they are better than most if not all of their team mates.
Ask yourself honestly if signing these 2 would bring us closer to Chelsea and UTD and i think if all are honest we would firmly say no...i dont think they would strenghthen our squad in any way!

It appears to me that Raffa has the players he feels he needs to construct a successful and steady squad.We may all forget as long as Raffa is in charge about the same starting 11 week in week out because it simply is not going to happen.Regardless of all our opinions on rotation we need to get used to the fact that its the way things are.

The reason we have not been playing well this season lies with the players as much as the manager..effort and passion are not there.They are finding it har to adjust to Raffas ways now he has a big squad!The thought that signing 2 players that look good in mediocre teams is not the answer to long term success!

The team simply has not gelled...its very hard to gel a regular starting 11 with new additions early in the season,its a hell lf a lot harder to gel 20 regular starters that are in and out of the team but its still very possible....The bottom line is its just going to take a lot longer.Maybe all fans should all try and take a piece of Raffas calm,confidence and reserve most af all patience.
Things will come good in time,our managers record says that there can be no other outcome.

It would be great to win the EPL but it wont happen this season.Top 4 will do me!

A short term fix of signing players that are on a roll or looking good may work for a month or 2.But id much rather wait a season or 2 and have maybe 22 players that can start any time any match with any other player and look like a 'starting 11'

One of the most sensible posts i've read in weeks - good on yer Barry   :nod

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:48 am

weringo wrote:Although I would be up for signing Pedersen, where did it come from? Have we been linked with him or did you just buy him on footie manager and he scored a couple of goals?

I think he did say he would love to join the big clubs like Man Utd or Lierpool.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:27 am

BarryBelfast wrote:

Reina
Finnan Agger Carra Riise
          Kuyt Bellamy

I agree sometimes it does take time to gel however didnt Mourinho in his first season sign a lot more players than we have yet they had no problems and did what everyone thought they would do, win games.

Also I dont think we need to be signing players which make the squad stronger but not the team.  We aint got much money but there are gems out there as Wenger has showed.
puroresu

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:48 pm

Im sure now that Kewel is going to be out till March and depending on how Aurelio works out Rafa may go in for a LM or a LB and push Riise up more frequently.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:54 pm

Sorry to hear Harry is out until march, still think were missing him but if Riise keeps his left foot ticking over ill be happy. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 pm

The present squad is good
that said Im not convinced its a title winning one,

I reckon we need a class attacking RB, I know Finnan has done well, but his positional play is suspect,
its also time to introduce Aggre as first choice CB,

Does anyone else feel that switching Momo & Alonso would bring a bit more balance in the centre, for me Momos passing is not good enough yet in that forward MF role, yet his defensive MF play is top class, and our back 4 need more protection at the moment, and ive always thought that when asked Alonso has been top draw as the attacking MF,

with SG in RM and Gonzalos on the left (he needs a run)
Kuyt & Bellamy up front for me, but Fowler must accompany Crouch on the bench,
and Carson must be recalled from Charlton in Jan, Pepe looks a shadow of himself now that the defence is playing below par,
he just dosnte command his area, then again this zone marking is a joke in the prem

What do you think?
teamleader1

Postby Thehobo » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:44 pm

why do we need upson?

paleta looked just fine the other night

pederson is ok but i honestly cant see him being any better than gonzalez, kewell, zenden??

pederson lacks pace
Thehobo

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Pedersen is a good player but Gonzales hasnt had many chances this year and kewell is looking to be back in january isnt he. What we do need is another cdm like hargraves.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:05 am

Thehobo wrote:why do we need upson?

paleta looked just fine the other night

pederson is ok but i honestly cant see him being any better than gonzalez, kewell, zenden??

pederson lacks pace

Hes quality though.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion