Am i loosing my head? - ...have i missed something here rafa?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:36 pm

so all season rafa's been banging on about squad rotation and 13.4 thousand hours of football for each player per annum etc etc etc... he says the reason he rotates his 'squad' of 'quality players' is so that they're fit for the whole season (as if we have more games lined up that everyone else)

....so WHY THE FUK HAS HE SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT TONIGHT BY SELECTING SO MANY PLAYERS FROM THE RESERVE TEAM?! ...i thought rotation meant that all these 'quality players' wouldnt get tired and could therefore play all the games necessary! why why why is he resting 1st team players who havent been playing week-in week-out anyway because of his 'rotation policy'

...someone help me before i coat my foreskin in chilli powder!!!  :Oo:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:55 pm

You weirdo.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:03 am

PabloAimar wrote:so all season rafa's been banging on about squad rotation and 13.4 thousand hours of football for each player per annum etc etc etc... he says the reason he rotates his 'squad' of 'quality players' is so that they're fit for the whole season (as if we have more games lined up that everyone else)

....so WHY THE FUK HAS HE SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT TONIGHT BY SELECTING SO MANY PLAYERS FROM THE RESERVE TEAM?! ...i thought rotation meant that all these 'quality players' wouldnt get tired and could therefore play all the games necessary! why why why is he resting 1st team players who havent been playing week-in week-out anyway because of his 'rotation policy'

IMO managers look at the carling cup as just another cup, so they like to get the reserves a little 1st team action. Which means they can keep their 1 team injury free for more important matches such as EPL and Champions league.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 am

PabloAimar wrote:...someone help me before i coat my foreskin in chilli powder!!!  :Oo:

???
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 am

PabloAimar wrote:so all season rafa's been banging on about squad rotation and 13.4 thousand hours of football for each player per annum etc etc etc... he says the reason he rotates his 'squad' of 'quality players' is so that they're fit for the whole season (as if we have more games lined up that everyone else)

Did you see the team the manager put out last night ?

Reina (first choice...no other option)
Peltier (to rest Finnan there is no other option)
Warnock (first team player)
Agger (first team player)
Paletta (fringes of first team)
Pennant (first team)
Zenden (first team)
Sissoko (first team)
Riise (first team)
Fowler (first team)
Crouch (first team)

So only Peltier and Paletta are not regulars in the first team, Finnan needs a rest and there was no other option, and the rest will do Carragher and Hyypia some good.
When i seen that line up it made me realise how much the manager had strengthened our squad since last season.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:40 am

Manchester untied have now played 13 games this term and have never kept the same team either.

I was one of the 'i hate the rotation' people, but there is more to it than that. One thing i think we do need to do is get two strikers working together more because thats where other teams have the edge. Rooney knosw where saha is, dorgba and shev know each others games more, and heres us, with so many different pairings up front we never know whats going on.

and the game last night? Madness, let our foot off the pedal so we also know its not a confidence problem with our form lately.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion