Who would you buy from chelsea - Mouriniho wants a small squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:24 am

I don't mind playing defensive footbal as long as the team have the capability to break down teams that just come to defend.... that was the biggest problem with GH's brand of football, the team didn't seem to know how to break down a team, if Benitez can do that then Liverpool will be dangerous next year.

P.S Cheeso, stop robbing other peoples post's, I knew it was too good to be true.
Last edited by simic_ie on Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:40 am

Terry & lampard.

(and Hassellbank so I could put it into the reserves and watch him rot) :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:14 am

Don't think they will sell Duff, Lampard, Gallas. But Cole is possible..and the guy can only improve so why not..He's surely better/faster than Murphy though he's not a winger..
whylongball?

Postby fritzylfc » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:18 am

it would have to be bridges and duff to give the left side good attacking options:) :)
fritzylfc

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:04 pm

cole, johnsen and parker are some of the best english talent around and probably wont even get 20 starts next season, we could never get all three but 1 from them three would be good, my preference would be joe cole i reckon we could get him for £6mil
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:01 am

Hmmm...

Cole is a bit too inconsistent. I think he's got it in him to be a world class talent, but he isn't there yet, and any fee paid should reflect that.

Duff would be a storming buy. He's versatile enough to play on the right wing (he tore Spain apart at the last World Cup on that side), and - injury free - would be the perfect solution to our problems there.

I really like Bridge, but a move for him would mean leaving Riise out in the cold, which wouldn't be smart. If Riise got an extended run, and the rest of the team was in fluent counter-attacking form, I could see him being the best left back in the Premiership. His confidence went to the dogs early last season, and when his form returned GH didn't play him enough.

Gallas would be a great acquisition, as would Lampard, but neither of these will happen. With the money they have, Chelsea won't turn into the kind of club that sell members of their first team squad overnight. I personally don't think Duff will leave, but then I must admit I don't understand the logic behind bringing in Robben when they had Duff in their squad, so anything's possible.

Oh, and Veron may as well just cash in his chips and move back to Argentina. The transfer fees wasted on that guy to take him to both Man U and Chelsea put some of Houllier's more questionable buys into perspective.
ivor_the_injun

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:04 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Hmmm...

Cole is a bit too inconsistent. I think he's got it in him to be a world class talent, but he isn't there yet, and any fee paid should reflect that.

Duff would be a storming buy. He's versatile enough to play on the right wing (he tore Spain apart at the last World Cup on that side), and - injury free - would be the perfect solution to our problems there.

I really like Bridge, but a move for him would mean leaving Riise out in the cold, which wouldn't be smart. If Riise got an extended run, and the rest of the team was in fluent counter-attacking form, I could see him being the best left back in the Premiership. His confidence went to the dogs early last season, and when his form returned GH didn't play him enough.

Gallas would be a great acquisition, as would Lampard, but neither of these will happen. With the money they have, Chelsea won't turn into the kind of club that sell members of their first team squad overnight. I personally don't think Duff will leave, but then I must admit I don't understand the logic behind bringing in Robben when they had Duff in their squad, so anything's possible.

Oh, and Veron may as well just cash in his chips and move back to Argentina. The transfer fees wasted on that guy to take him to both Man U and Chelsea put some of Houllier's more questionable buys into perspective.

Yeah, you've got to laugh at Veron haven't you?  Where did this World Class tag come from?  He's useless.  Not a Premiership player at all.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:44 am

Lampard,Terry, Hasselbank if they where available.
Cole seems to get a lot of support in this forum but for me he just doesn't cut it. Talented yes, but so often looks like a boy playing against men. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:53 am

Lampard, Duff, Bridge, Terry, and Cole.

....I wish. ???
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:07 am

In the light of the proposed signing of that Ferrira (spelling??) from his old club Porto, seeing he is a right back, I would like us to sign young Glen Johnson. He is great and will only get better.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:14 pm

Jose Mourinho’s start to life at Chelsea was dealt a huge blow when a leading doctor revealed that he feared for the Portuguese coach’s health after his head grew an extra 20 metres during his first press conference.

“It’s too big, it’s surely going to explode,” said Dr Leading.

“Just after he said ‘I am a special manager because I have won the Champions League’ his head grew so much that people were wondering if someone had switched out the lights in the room.”

“If this continues I can see British Aerospace having all sorts of problems. They have already diverted flights abroad to avoid crashing into his wallet.”

:laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:17 pm

me and my mates have been working out the chelsea thing an really when u look at it the only players he is getting rid of are the ones that no one would really want: hasselbank, petite, huth, bogarde and about 5 or 6 other nobodys.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:17 pm

I think Chelsea will make a lot of changes again this summer, with a lot of departures and a few big name arrivals.

Veron has already gone, with Melchiot, Petit, Hassailbank and Mario Stanic almost certain to join him.

Personally I wouldn't have any of the above players as they are all well past their best.

Its most likely that Gronkjeare will also leave, and anyone that proposes him as a possible Liverpool signing are on hard drugs: his performance at Stamford Bridge against Monaco was possibly the worst display from a player at that level I have seen in my life.

There could be a few surprise departures, such as Duff or Wayne Bridge. I would be in like a flash for either, but if Duff were to move Man UTD would probably outbid us for him. Duff will hardly leave this summer as he is currently injured and likely to be unfit until at least late August, so he's going nowhere.

IMO Joe Cole is a player who has been massively hyped by the tabloids all his life and will never really be a top player as such. He has bags of technique but he does not stand out physically and there is no end product to his game at all. He'll probably be another Nick Barmby.
Last edited by JBG on Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:26 pm

Cole, Johnson, Gallas, Hasselbaink... i'd take this lot.

Chances of us getting any?

NONE!
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion