Reds linked with israeli ace - Yossi benayoun

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:51 am

REDS LINKED WITH ISRAELI ACE

Friday 4th June 2004

Liverpool are being linked with a move for Racing Santander's Israel international midfielder Yossi Benayoun, according to reports in Spain.
The attacking midfielder has caught the interest of many clubs following his displays at El Sardinero this term, including the likes of Tottenham.

Benayoun has been a virtual ever-present for Racing this term - making 34 appearances and scoring seven goals for the side who made a bright start to the campaign.

The 24-year-old is a self-confessed Reds fan, but with Spurs also sending scouts to run the rule over the in-demand midfielder, the Anfield giants face competition for his signature.

Should Liverpool appoint former Valencia coach Rafa Benitez to replace Gerard Houllier as manager Liverpool, their chances of landing Benayoun would surely increase.

The Israeli star is an expert from dead-ball situations and with yet another impressive La Liga season under his belt, he is almost certain to depart Racing this summer.

Does anyone know anything about this guy. One thing for sure is that he'll take our free kicks and hes young as well. If beneitez joins LFC, we just might get him.

Hurry the ****** up and come back RP!! You've taken a long enoughtriop to the Bhahamas!!  :(
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:05 am

I heard of that name before, because he has been linked with us again about last 3 months ago, but I havn't seen as player so I don't know much about him.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:15 pm

He was linked with us before. I'll be honest, I don't know anything about the guy..but it seems Spurs are our competition in signing him..surely not?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:43 pm

Hmmm I dont know.  I've watched him play on ESPN and to be honest he's never really impressed me.  He kicks the ball well in dead ball situations but he's never really shone with his passing or control.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:06 pm

mate of mine has just told me he is some relation of Avi Cohen....anyone have anymore info on this
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion