Valencia today 31/5/04 - Coming - ready or not!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Mon May 31, 2004 10:48 pm

Jaime Orti (Valencia's David Moores) has agreed to get rid of Jesus Pitarch (their Rick Parry and Benitez's pain in the ******).

The board have therefore given-in completely to Benitez's demands and are meeting with him again tomorrow!!!!!

Still certain he's coming???
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon May 31, 2004 10:54 pm

It always looked like a ploy by Benitez to get himself better terms at Valencia.That looks even more likely now.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon May 31, 2004 10:58 pm

Who is Jesus Pitarch? Do you mean the agent or what? Cos I don't understand what you mean?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon May 31, 2004 11:11 pm

He`s some sort of chief executive I imagine.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:10 am

Jesus Pitarch is the Director of Football at Valencia who is responsible to buy and sell players. Benitez is very much his own man and he hated operating under that environment because last season he requested for Valencia to buy a certain player but instead he got another - probably because of their financial problem (it was not exactly revealed).

Benitez wanted a natural striker as Valencia does not have one. After that, he said "I asked for a sofa and got a lampshade" or something like that.

What worries me more is that Parry is on holiday right now!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:32 am

I still can't believe he gets rid of Houllier and then take a holiday in Barbados, talk about prioritising  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:36 am

Yeah it does seem bloody daft going on holiday right now!!
I saw on teletext yesterday though that he was saying a there will be an announcment about a new manager in 2 weeks so perhaps the managers job has been agreed.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:46 am

Yep, we will probably pay big time now due to the board's daft timing. Could they have found themselves in a worse situation?

We went and got rid of Houllier without having a definite candidate to step in.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:03 pm

JohnBull wrote:Jaime Orti (Valencia's David Moores) has agreed to get rid of Jesus Pitarch (their Rick Parry and Benitez's pain in the ******).

The board have therefore given-in completely to Benitez's demands and are meeting with him again tomorrow!!!!!

"QUE?"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:36 pm

JohnBull wrote:Jaime Orti (Valencia's David Moores) has agreed to get rid of Jesus Pitarch (their Rick Parry and Benitez's pain in the ******).

Not so smart after today, eh John Bull!!!!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:11 am

We are all wise after the event :D I seem to remember(only two weeks ago) some of the "knowledgeable" members here telling us GH is at Liverpool for another year and we should just accept it.Thank God we didnt.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:21 am

Greenred, I was also bracing myself for another season of dull, dreary and boring play by Liverpool as I thought that Houllier's relationship with Parry and Moores meant that he is secure as Liverpool also achieved 4th place. i was resigned to the fact that the Liverpool I supported and has known since 1976 does not sack their managers.

We are always hopeful for the best but Liverpool's style has always made me think that Moores and Parry do not listen to the fans. As a fan who resided some 10,000 miles away from Anfield, I have to give my heartful thanks to the fans in England and who regularly go to Anfield, the most prominent being Morgan, for pressurising the Board into realising what kind of cr@p we have been forced to tolerate under Houllier and do the right thing by removing him in order for Liverpool to break away from this rut and move forward in football terms.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:36 am

I think it is the Owen / Gerrard factor that forced Parry & Moores' hand. Imagine either one or both of them leaving and claimed the club's lack of ambition as 'THE' factor to leave? Chaos, mutiny and unrest is ensured for 2004/05 then.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion