The kop - Liverpool echo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:38 pm

peewee wrote:i dont really remember people selling food pitchside so this may be a myth

The only food pitch side was spearmint gum and mars bars,that I can remember.How the sellers hit the target used to amaze me as a young lad.For those who don't understand.....if you felt like some chewy,you threw your sixpence down onto the walking track around the pitch and the seller would throw your spearmint gum 60 feet up into the Kop....some big guy would catch it and hand it to you.Then he would role up his echo and pi.ss in your pocket at half-time for not giving him a stick in gratitude for catching your gum.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:36 am

The only food pitch side was spearmint gum and mars bars,that I can remember.How the sellers hit the target used to amaze me as a young lad.For those who don't understand.....if you felt like some chewy,you threw your sixpence down onto the walking track around the pitch and the seller would throw your spearmint gum 60 feet up into the Kop....some big guy would catch it and hand it to you.Then he would role up his echo and pi.ss in your pocket at half-time for not giving him a stick in gratitude for catching your gum.

Fair enough ! :D I'm loving this thread, I love history stuff. The throwing thingy is not rare to me, that's the way to make bets around here, the bets dealer offer a bet, if you accept he throws the bet (a paper inside a ball) to the crowd. But that's only seen in basque country, and some sports, they don't allow that bets in football stadiums, due to the proffesionalisation
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:04 pm

supersub wrote:
peewee wrote:i dont really remember people selling food pitchside so this may be a myth

totally agree,i had a mars bar virtually every game from 1974 onwards.I even remember one week the guy only having twix because his mate had let him down the night before with his mars bar order......my short term memory might be toss,but my long term one can still retain shíte.    :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:36 pm

A nice display from the Kop at the match today (on telly anyway).  They even picked up the British feed over here a bit early to discuss the 100th anniversary and show the scenes: banners, singing, the works!  Brilliant stuff and how great was it to get both goals at the Kop end today? :bowdown
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:54 am

another link with further sories from the echo

enjoy

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100new....ge.html
112-1077774096

Postby GFB_oNuR » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:27 pm

The KOP stands , Liverpool Fans' Lifestyle ..
GENC FENERBAHCELILER  &  THE  KOP     

WE HATE [G]alat[A]sara[Y]
GFB_oNuR

Postby LiverpoolTurkey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:37 pm

u can read a history but u must be with them for seeing KOP LEGEND.

i was at Anfield (2002 LFC-GS - 2004 LFC - everf..ton) and we were here last year.......i can't explain my feelings. sorry for my bad words.

arghh i forgot to crop that car sorry :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

for all you lonely sons;
this is when it will come
when forever finds you falling it will be
3 o'clock in the morning
LiverpoolTurkey

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion