Kromkamp - What did he do wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:48 pm

spion wrote:All of a sudden the right back looks the chink in the defence & at this stage of the season it already needs addressing.

Don't want to hit any panic buttons . i've always thought that when he's come on as a sub (usually at RM) Kronkamp has shown some good skills but todays performance at RB was abysmal . Tries to be almost "too clever " . On the halfway line you can maybe try you training ground touches,  but on the edge of your box  :no  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:49 pm

spion wrote:Kromkamp is not good enough to play for Liverpool. As I write this I'm still coming to terms with the inept performance that the red men put up this afternoon against Sheff UTD & Jan the man was one of the main culprits. I think that the stenght in depth thing is important & you could keep making changes all the time if you wanted, but if they cant do it on the park whats the point? The loss of Finnan was so obviously important to the shape of the team & Kronkamp cant do the same job. It sounds stupid but Josmei was a better player! All of a sudden the right back looks the chink in the defence & at this stage of the season it already needs addressing.

1) Calm down...one bad performance from our back-up RB does not constitute a rightback crisis

2) Josemi was not better than Kromkamp--even the Kromkamp we saw today

The lad was poor today, no question, but let's not crucify him just yet.  He'll improve--just like the rest of the squad will--and we might yet be singing his praises this season.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
spion wrote:All of a sudden the right back looks the chink in the defence & at this stage of the season it already needs addressing.

Don't want to hit any panic buttons . i've always thought that when he's come on as a sub (usually at RM) Kronkamp has shown some good skills but todays performance at RB was abysmal . Tries to be almost "too clever " . On the halfway line you can maybe try you training ground touches,  but on the edge of your box  :no  .

He is a talented player in my opinion, but yes he was awful today, couldn't defend properly and lost the ball too much. I'm sure he will learn from this game and tries harder next time. Every player has his day off
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spion » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:36 pm

He might be talented spending his wages at harvey nicks but on the pitch he stinks!
spion

Postby Rafa D » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:18 pm

Reina said in the FA Cup Final programme, "he keeps himself to himself, I don't know much about him" -  I think Jan wants to go home. BIG JAN!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sepak » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:37 pm

From what we have seen so far, Kromkamp is definately not good enough. He is just a cover for finnan , who might not fit  to play second match within a week. I am sure Rafa is looking for an RB too.
sepak

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion