The friday five

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dward » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:24 am

1. We've just seen the release of our new adidas kit. What has been your favourite ever kit? It can be for design reasons or because of the success we had in the time we wore it.

2. How important to you is bringing players from the academy through to the first team?

3. What formation do you think we should play the most this season bearing in mind the new arrivals of Bellamy, Gonzales, Pennant, Aurelio etc?

4. If you could bring any past LFC players into our current team to strengthen it even more who would it be?

5. Considering the amount we've strengthened the squad this summer, what would represent a satisfying season that you would remember? - give reasons.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:41 am

dward wrote:1. We've just seen the release of our new adidas kit. What has been your favourite ever kit? It can be for design reasons or because of the success we had in the time we wore it.

2. How important to you is bringing players from the academy through to the first team?

3. What formation do you think we should play the most this season bearing in mind the new arrivals of Bellamy, Gonzales, Pennant, Aurelio etc?

4. If you could bring any past LFC players into our current team to strengthen it even more who would it be?

5. Considering the amount we've strengthened the squad this summer, what would represent a satisfying season that you would remember? - give reasons.

1.) Dont give a :censored: about the kit.

2.) Vital

3.) Im not the manager, so it dosnt matter what I think. In Rafa I trust.

4.) Rush, without a shadow off a dout.

5.) First. For sure.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby coddy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:45 am

dward wrote:1. We've just seen the release of our new adidas kit. What has been your favourite ever kit? It can be for design reasons or because of the success we had in the time we wore it.

1. My Favourite kit was the 1994/1995 home kit (the adidas one with the stripes up the side)

2. Very important, some of our best players have been acadamy players (G-Man, Mikey O, Carra)

3. Stick to 4-4-2. it worked perfect last year and now we have a lot more cover in a lot more positions, Rafa now doesnt have to rely on Stevie G every game and can rest him without damaging the team to much.

4. Rushie, He's exactly the answer to our problems at the minute, consistent goalscorer, always attacking, versatile.

5. A Satisfactory Season is probably going to be at least second or third in the Prem, quarter finals in CL, have at least one decent domestic cup run, oh, and stuff cheatski in the CS next month.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:46 am

1. Either the Yellow '80's Pinstripe Away Shirt, or last seasons Champions League shirt.....mainly because in my lifeline of remembering i witnessed a Champions league win so the shirt has that memory for me forever.

2. Very....For future and home grown talent e.g. Gerrard, Carragher, Fowler.

3. Tough one, 4-4-2, but drift into a 3-5-2, 4-3-3 on occasion.

4. HMMMMM....McManaman, Rush.

5. The title....If not that runner up but only by a point or so, Europe again and either League or FA Cup, a striker getting golden boot, to compete with Chelsea toe to toe.
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redbird7 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:00 pm

1. my favorit was the black away kit(maybe 2002/2003)
oh,and the 2004/2005 home kit.

2. that's so important,i think.
we have a very nice academy.
some players like robbie,stevieG,and carra have played there,
and they are very good players.
moreover last season,we won the youth cup.
our team attaches importance to the academy.

3.4-4-2.
i think it will work the best.
cause it worked well last season,
and now pennant has joined us,so stevieG can play as a centermid.

4....McManaman, murphy for against ManU.

5.the title.
especially the premiership title.
we have a lot of wonderful players now.
of course that's not easy,but i believe we will be able to win the title.  :D
Redbird7

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:19 pm

i think yes what about you

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:45 pm

1. 04/05 kit

2. Very

3. I am thinking

.                         Reina

Carragher   Hyypia    Paletta

Pennant      Alonso   Sissoko    Gonzales

Gerrard

Garcia
                           Bellamy

(I am not taking the :censored:)

4.Dalglish but he is 55 now so may struggle a bit? :D

5. Well to remember a season you have to win something to remember it by. I would be satisfied with a FA Cup/Premiership/Champions League win
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:53 pm

1. 2005 home shirt because we won the European Cup for the 5th time in it  :D

2. Vital, especially with the new UEFA law of having home grown players (a few of which have to have been produced by the club). Especially aswell because they show hunger.

3. Leave it to Rafa but you could try the chelsea 4-3-3 option or stick to 4-4-2 none of that 4-5-1 5hite.

4. Rush or King Kenny

5. 1st without a doubt and maybe FA Cup again aswell because we'd be the first team to win at Wembley and the league would be brilliant because we haven't won it for ages. I'd definately remember it.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:56 am

weringo wrote:

1. 04/05 kit

2. Very

3. I am thinking

.                         Reina

Carragher   Hyypia    Paletta

Pennant      Alonso   Sissoko    Gonzales

Gerrard

Garcia
                           Bellamy

(I am not taking the :censored:)

4.Dalglish but he is 55 now so may struggle a bit? :D

5. Well to remember a season you have to win something to remember it by. I would be satisfied with a FA Cup/Premiership/Champions League win

Thats my pro evo formation.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion