Liverpool top scorer 2006/7 - Who do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:50 pm

bigmick wrote:Unless we sign another striker and probably even if we do it'll be Peter Crouch I would have thought. His scoring record once he had broken his duck around christmas was very good and I think his experiences with the national team will have developed him further as a player.
Furthermore he is at the moment the only "target" type striker which we have and as such would be expected to be a regular starter with any one from the other two of Bellamy and Fowler. Those championing the cause of ping-pong are wide of the mark in my view, my suspicion is not only that he isn't good enough but also that there are now two similar strikers but much better infront of him.
My hunch is that Crouch will score very regularly in his second season and become a much better player than many have given him credit for thus far.

Crouch to be top scorer? i think thats very unlikely, he is not a natural goalscorer, he's just not the sort of the player who will ever be a regular goalscorer. Of the current strikeforce i would say the most likely top scorer is Fowler, if he can stay fit and get a good amount of games.

I think it's likely that we will sign a new striker, who will be an out and out goalscorer. If we get someone like Trezeguet then he will be the topscorer.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:50 am

Ill go for bellamy to be the top scorer with fowler getting a lot too. If we get trezeguet ill go for him to get a load too. Gerrard will get a bagful again.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:35 am

League - Bellamy

All Competitions - Gerrard
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:05 am

GOAT wrote:Ill go for bellamy to be the top scorer with fowler getting a lot too. If we get trezeguet ill go for him to get a load too. Gerrard will get a bagful again.

lol talk about hedging your bets.  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:33 am

How about odds on Micheal Owen not scoring !!!
RedWolf35

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:52 pm

bigmick wrote:Unless we sign another striker and probably even if we do it'll be Peter Crouch I would have thought. His scoring record once he had broken his duck around christmas was very good and I think his experiences with the national team will have developed him further as a player.
Furthermore he is at the moment the only "target" type striker which we have and as such would be expected to be a regular starter with any one from the other two of Bellamy and Fowler. Those championing the cause of ping-pong are wide of the mark in my view, my suspicion is not only that he isn't good enough but also that there are now two similar strikers but much better infront of him.
My hunch is that Crouch will score very regularly in his second season and become a much better player than many have given him credit for thus far.

i'll "go out on a limb" and predict that gerrard will get over 20 goals in all competitions" but will NOT BE TOP SCORER. :oh:

as for who will, ask me around christmas :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:13 pm

I've got a really good feeling about Bellamy this season. He should get around 20 goals i would say, hopefully that won't be enough to beat SG. Bellamy is such a hungry player and i'm glad we signed ahead of players like Dirk Kuyt, who i thought was a load of s**te in the WC. Trezeguet would be a good addition if we could get him relativley cheap. I think we would have alot of competition though, and the only question mark would be that he hasn't played in the Prem, so i wouldn't break the bank to get him. Morientez bought a big reputation with him but was never comfortable in the prem.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:27 pm

i think yes what about you

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:55 pm

Its pretty obvious who our top goalscorer is.

Unfortunately its not so obvious to me so if you know who it will be please inform me. :D
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:07 pm

Its Robbie for me.

The guy only needs ONE chance.

And any midfield that can help Cisse score 19 goals is excellent in my book. :D

Robbie must be watering right now, with Gerrard and Alonso and Gonzalez and Kewell and Pennant to supply him with chances.

Oh yeah.. times are good.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Rafa is always improving the squad, and I thnk Gerro will come out on top, although I feel Bellamy will score 20+. he does have a bit of class to his finishing.

However, I think now Rafa only needs one more player to make the Jigsaw complete, one more top drawer striker!

The reason being, if Craig bellamy gets a long lay off, suddenly we look short up front. Fowler may not play many games or for 90 mins, and crouch is not prolific. Cisse and Moreintes now gone, etc.

Just a thought.
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby hwangeruk » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:37 pm

I was just in the Chinese, the tabloid had something about Last Chance for Pennant and Bellamy, Rafa knew he took a risk on these two juvenile mentality players. Does Rafa know all, or is he a gambler at the last chance saloon.

Dunno what the article said, as I was too :censored: to read it properly LOL ;)
hwangeruk

Postby fanatic dee » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:39 pm

If we play a more exciting brand of football, I reckon we could share the goals all over the place, with hopefully the ace finisher Robbie Fowler banging them in left, right and centre. 'God' to recapture the heady days of the mid nineties when he used to pull us up by the balls.

'Because he used to do wonderful things'

:D                                        :D                                     :D
Last edited by fanatic dee on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People say to me you treat football as if it's a matter of life or death, I say to them it's more important than that".

*****THE MIGHTY REDS*****
fanatic dee

Postby coddy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Im thinking probably Stevie G again, or Crouch if he pulls his finger out, i put a wager on today for Jermaine Pennant to have the most assists for us
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:51 pm

any striker we sign..if we do sign....will be our top goalscorer ..simple as that ! robbie is great and all...but 90 mins is too much to ask him for and 2 games a week is out of question if you ask me ! Crouch has a poor scoring record...not prolific ... Bellamy found spaces with blackburn and thas why he scored 19 there.....different story with liverpool...double digits would be a good scoring record if he can get ! gerrard is always  the safest bet given what we have upfront but.... hopefully, rafa will rap up a deal in the next few days !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion