Kewell injury latest - Will this scupper our transfer plans?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cornetto1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:22 pm

LFC have released this statement within last hour -

KEWELL FACES SPELL ON THE SIDELINES

Liverpool Football Club today released the following press statement about Australian international Harry Kewell. 
Liverpool FC commented: "The Club has noted the considerable press speculation regarding the foot problem suffered by Harry Kewell while playing for Australia in this summer's World Cup Finals.

"It is unfortunate that another Australian player spoke publicly to the media about his condition rather than an official spokesperson for the National team. His team-mate suggested that Harry had been suffering from gout which we can confirm was an incorrect diagnosis.

"Following Harry's return to Liverpool and examination by our own medical staff it became apparent he was suffering from an entirely different condition. This was identified as a Septic Arthritis – a bacterial infection in the joints of his left foot.

"Harry is currently undergoing treatment in hospital following a surgical procedure. He is expected to make a complete recovery and should be able to resume training in approximately six weeks time." 

if rafa had decided to sell him now surely we'll have to wait til january now and will that disupt funding for players he wants to bring in now??
cornetto1

Postby clik » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:24 pm

big blow for harrys l/pool career cos if Gonzales settles in quickly he may have played his last game for club
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Kiwi-Kopite » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:18 pm

Hope all this transfer speculation around harry kewell is not true, i think he is a brilliant player and on the left side of midfield he can do wonders. We dont have anyone better than him at the moment, i believe gonzales is a right winger. With Riise left back and kewell bombing foward we couldnt loose.

Get well soon harry.

(even thought he is an aussie i still rate him :p)
Kiwi-Kopite

Postby clik » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Kiwi-Kopite wrote:Hope all this transfer speculation around harry kewell is not true, i think he is a brilliant player and on the left side of midfield he can do wonders. We dont have anyone better than him at the moment, i believe gonzales is a right winger. With Riise left back and kewell bombing foward we couldnt loose.

Get well soon harry.

(even thought he is an aussie i still rate him :p)

Gonzales is a LW kiwi mate
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby mikopool » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:19 pm

Unless he has been sold, we still also have Zenden as an option, I assume he has healed from what kept him out for most of the season, I don't believe throwing Gonzalez in right away will be benificial to the club, we do have other options, Rafa mentioned Aurielo can play as a left winger and apparently passes better then Alonso, so that makes 4 options on the left flank including Riise. Shame about Kewell, but it will give us an idea of what options we have right away, and speaking of right, Garcia was a left winger with the club he played for before Barca (forgot the club) and bagged 20 goals I believe, so thats an option too, we need a bloody right winger before thats an option however.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby GOAT » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:14 pm

Well kewell will probably lose his place to gonzalez now but i think we should keep kewell, doesnt hurt to have 2 good players in a position
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:31 pm

cornetto1 wrote:LFC have released this statement within last hour -

KEWELL FACES SPELL ON THE SIDELINES

Liverpool Football Club today released the following press statement about Australian international Harry Kewell. 
Liverpool FC commented: "The Club has noted the considerable press speculation regarding the foot problem suffered by Harry Kewell while playing for Australia in this summer's World Cup Finals.

"It is unfortunate that another Australian player spoke publicly to the media about his condition rather than an official spokesperson for the National team. His team-mate suggested that Harry had been suffering from gout which we can confirm was an incorrect diagnosis.

"Following Harry's return to Liverpool and examination by our own medical staff it became apparent he was suffering from an entirely different condition. This was identified as a Septic Arthritis – a bacterial infection in the joints of his left foot.

"Harry is currently undergoing treatment in hospital following a surgical procedure. He is expected to make a complete recovery and should be able to resume training in approximately six weeks time." 

if rafa had decided to sell him now surely we'll have to wait til january now and will that disupt funding for players he wants to bring in now??

Gee, now there's a shock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DonnieDarko » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:00 pm

Has Gonzalez reported to Liverpool yet?
DonnieDarko

Postby mikopool » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:17 pm

DonnieDarko wrote:Has Gonzalez reported to Liverpool yet?

" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion