Morientes tranfer to valencia goes through - Just confirmed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:43 pm

We knew it was a done deal, but the final formalities have been completed this afternoon.

News still filtering through to the news sites - I wonder if a fee will be mentioned.

Thanks for the hard, often thankless work Fernando. Hopefully things work out better back in Spain than they did in England.

(edit - obviously I meant "transfer"  :p )
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:42 pm

From bbc...

"Morientes completes Valencia move 

Striker Fernando Morientes has passed a medical to complete his transfer from Liverpool to Spanish club Valencia.

Morientes, 30, has signed a three-year contract after Liverpool accepted a bid of about £3m.

He scored 12 goals in 61 matches during a largely disappointing 18-month spell at Anfield after joining from Real Madrid for £6.3m in 2005.

"I'm happy to start a new chapter in my career with this club and in this city," he told Valencia's club website.

Morientes has scored 26 times in 43 internationals for Spain, but a poor run of form saw him left out of the 2006 World Cup squad.

He is expected to share the attacking duties at Valencia with Spanish international David Villa.

"I've been very lucky at every club I have played for, and my hope is to achieve a title here for the club and for the fans," he said.

Morientes won three Champions League and two league titles with Real Madrid, but lost his place when Ronaldo arrived from Inter Milan in 2002.

He moved on loan to Monaco the following season, helping the French team to the Champions League final by scoring nine goals and knocking Real Madrid out, before Monaco lost the final to FC Porto.

Morientes then returned to Spain for the start of the 2004-05 season and joined Liverpool in January 2005.

He played no part in Liverpool's Champions League triumph that season as he had already played for Madrid in the early part of the competition."
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:42 pm

:(

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:01 pm

Thanks for that.

Will you be starting a new thread later entitled "The ink dries on Morientes contract" ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:01 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Thanks for that.

Will you be starting a new thread later entitled "The ink dries on Morientes contract" ??

El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:13 pm

£3million was a bit of bargain for Valencia to be honest. I'm surprised we didn't sell him for a bit more.  :(

I look forward to seeing how he does next season. It shall be interesting....
48-1119859832

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Thanks for that.

nah, maybe he'll start a "Leon is a grumpy cnt" thread - oh but then you'd complain it'd been done before.

grumpy old sh!t head

carry on...

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:54 pm

0asis wrote:£3million was a bit of bargain for Valencia to be honest. I'm surprised we didn't sell him for a bit more.  :(

I look forward to seeing how he does next season. It shall be interesting....

just heard today that the we actually got 4.4 million for Nando...not as bad as i thought!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:22 pm

6m Euro's is being quoted as well.

Good luck Fernando, he had a go, had the drive, but he didn't have the physical attributes to compete in the premiership, I reckon he will return to his best in Spain.  It didn't help in his first season that he couldn't get a run of games together, becuase of our tremendous CL campaign.
Mark 23

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:49 pm

Mark 23 wrote:6m Euro's is being quoted as well.

Good luck Fernando, he had a go, had the drive, but he didn't have the physical attributes to compete in the premiership, I reckon he will return to his best in Spain.  It didn't help in his first season that he couldn't get a run of games together, becuase of our tremendous CL campaign.

and a couple of injuries.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:53 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Mark 23 wrote:6m Euro's is being quoted as well.

and a couple of injuries.

Nearly forgot about them  :D  :D
Mark 23

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion