Luca toni - Scores for fun

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kingycrouch » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:01 pm

he but way to expensive for our bank m8
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby Liverpudlian Number Eight » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:41 pm

Maybe Toni is the best goal scorer in Serie A

But I think Liverpool need Villa than Toni
Liverpudlian Number Eight

Postby kingycrouch » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:50 pm

ye u reckon we cud get villa coz of the spanish connection lol
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby LFC_fan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:12 pm

actually, the chances of us getting villa is higher than that of us getting toni, though both are pretty slim.

coming back to the subject, toni is a good finisher but lacks pace (as evident in the game against USA, he was substituted to inject more pace in italy's frontline)

with the imminent loan of cisse back to france, what we need now is pace upfront. fowler and crouch, our 2 exisiting first team frontmen arnt exactly sprinters. toni is also too close to 30 for my liking, would prefer to see someone abt 24-26 coming in. we aint got the financial power of chelski, who can spend 30mil to buy a 30 year old player (although proven at all levels) dun see us taking the risk, splashing out 20+mil for a player like toni.
LFC_fan

Postby kunilson » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:29 pm

luca toni is a prolific scorer, well last season he was, but ^ that guy is right he lacks pace...and that's all well and good in Italy where they play at a slower pace anyway, but over here he would find it hard as it is much quicker. But pace isn't everything and i've seen him score some great goals....but a player like that is more suited to La Liga or Serie A, i don't think he'd do that well over here. When things are not going his way, although he does come back to midfield to get the ball sometimes which is good he is too weak and will fall over and expect free kicks all the time.
It all depends if he can adapt to the English game quick enough, because we all saw in nando how it can go wrong......i just think we can find a less risky buy who we don't have to take a chance on, and get into a bidding war over..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby DonnieDarko » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:06 pm

He isn't coming to LFC. It would be idiotic to spend 20+ on a player that is nearing the end of his career.

However, he is a fantastic player and would love to have him. He is just too expensive tho.
DonnieDarko

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:13 pm

kingycrouch wrote:ye u reckon we cud get villa coz of the spanish connection lol

For a crazy price, yes, yes we could, but do we have £30odd million to pay for David Villa? I doubt it very much. I'd take him in an instant tho. And if we did sign him, I'd scream from the roof of my house, but I can't see it happening!
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:17 pm

Judge wrote:we had Gary McAllister at a late stage, weve got back Fowler at a late stage, so why not Luca Toni, who can score at any level ??

He's around 30 odd now, and players who have come to the Premiership at an old age have always failed. I also think we could get a much younger striker who could turn out just as good as Luca Toni. It's all well and gd thinking about the present but you have to think about the future as well, we could probably get at least two seasons out of Luca Toni when we could get six or seven out of someone younger.
48-1119859832

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:26 am

luca toni is 29 mate

link

:)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:59 am

That in my eyes is still far too old, if you want to bring players from outside the league into the Premiership, then they need to be quite young especially if they come from leagues where there is less pace and tempo to the game, and less of a physical presence.

I'd watch Ballack and Shevchenko this season, I guarantee that this season in the League they will not shine at all, it will be like Veron and Morientes.
48-1119859832

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion