Kromkamp => ajax?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 24, 2006 11:53 pm

Give him and Dudek to Feyenoord for Kuyt plus cash .
He is a bit of a loner even Carra said he doesnt really mix with them.
As Ian said I also dont think he's up to the standard to be a permanent replacement for Finnan.
He played well in La Liga from what I seen of him, but the prems to in yer face and some players cant adjust to it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouser4life » Thu May 25, 2006 12:18 am

DANIEL ALVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL ROUND THE FIELDS OF ANFIELD ROAD!!!!!!
Scouser4life

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:20 am

the guy has played about what 10 games for us and people are saying get rid! give him a chance. He is obviously no right sided midfield player but he was not signed as that, so why people are judging him on the fa cup final appearance is beyond me. When he has played at right back in his natural position he has done ok, and played very well vs Newcastle away, when he got a rare start in his natural position, i mean how many new players join a club and immediatley hit top form? i think he looks a decent player and should be given at least a season to prove himself.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 25, 2006 12:26 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:the guy has played about what 10 games for us and people are saying get rid! give him a chance. He is obviously no right sided midfield player but he was not signed as that, so why people are judging him on the fa cup final appearance is beyond me. When he has played at right back in his natural position he has done ok, and played very well vs Newcastle away, when he got a rare start in his natural position, i mean how many new players join a club and immediatley hit top form? i think he looks a decent player and should be given at least a season to prove himself.

Fair points Fowler E7 and perhaps it is hasty to be calling for his head (although to be fair I wasn't). I simply said if Ajax make a substantial offer I'd accept based on what I've seen so far.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:30 am

Dalglish wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:the guy has played about what 10 games for us and people are saying get rid! give him a chance. He is obviously no right sided midfield player but he was not signed as that, so why people are judging him on the fa cup final appearance is beyond me. When he has played at right back in his natural position he has done ok, and played very well vs Newcastle away, when he got a rare start in his natural position, i mean how many new players join a club and immediatley hit top form? i think he looks a decent player and should be given at least a season to prove himself.

Fair points Fowler E7 and perhaps it is hasty to be calling for his head (although to be fair I wasn't). I simply said if Ajax make a substantial offer I'd accept based on what I've seen so far.

my comments were not pointed at you specifically Dalglish, infact i had this same discussion with my brother earlier today aswell! but i do think you were a bit harsh on Kronkamp IMO. Your right that he hasnt been exactly special since joining, but i think 6months of football mostly of the bench at a new club is a bit to soon to judge a player, maybe im wrong and he could be a dud, but i would give him next season to prove himself.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu May 25, 2006 1:03 am

Dalglish, why would Ajax be interested now when they've just signed a right back?  :O

How is that related to this thread? Alves if signed will play on the flank not as a fullback imo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Espionage » Thu May 25, 2006 2:42 am

A.B. wrote:Dalglish, why would Ajax be interested now when they've just signed a right back?  :O

How is that related to this thread? Alves if signed will play on the flank not as a fullback imo.

Might end up being Alves and Gonzalez playing wing-backs in a 5-3-2 formation... At least thats what I dream of  :buttrock
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 25, 2006 6:49 am

its difficult to know what benitez' plans are for kronkamp. he's obviously not ever going to be of sufficient quality to be the long term replacement for finnan and he's obviously not the right midfielder we're looking for. i would guess that his starts next season would be limited even if we don't bring in a new player, alves or whoever. i never feel worried when he comes on as sub late in a game but neither i get excited, it's more just a case of 'oh, kronkamp's on', and i expect that's the same for many people. he seems like a good decent bloke, a reasonable player and an honest professional (though having said that his comedy dive in his first appearance was sublime), but not really what we should be looking for.

my own guess is that benitez saw kronkamp as the best and easiest way of shipping out josemi and having immediate cover of a better, though not brilliant, standard. a short term solution, nothing else. he probably already knew he wanted to bring in a quality replacement/understudy for finnan at some point and when that time comes who do you want to try to sell on, kronkamp or josemi? imagine ajax showing an interest in josemi??

if, as someone has said, its because he's homesick then he should get back to holland asap as that was the reason he wanted to leave spain. so i agree, if ajax come in with any kind of offer we should let the guy go. the caveat is that we need to be sure that barragan is ready to step up if needed or that there is someone else coming in. if finnan is out for any length of time we will badly miss him.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu May 25, 2006 10:40 am

I am pretty sure Alves will be going to Barca.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:42 am

A.B. wrote:According from what I've heard, Kromkamp is not leaving Anfield despite what many reports claim. He was heavily linked with Ajax, however they've just signed a right-back. I don't see why they would go after Kromkamp after this signing.

The fact that we're interested in Daniel Alves has fueled the speculation however imo I think that if we do sign Alves it will be for the right-flank. He's been critisized by Van Basten for leaving Holland, but he's only 25 years old. Finnan is going to turn 30 so it's not impossible for him to break in the team in the near future.

Of course we have Barragan in the reserves who has done very well this season. But he's still a young lad and seeing how Benitez likes to rotate and rest players, having Kromkamp around won't hurt us.

I am not being funny or nothing, but what is the point of starting a thread with that post.

"I know its not true, but here is a statement. And here is a reason why its a false statement"

Why ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu May 25, 2006 1:58 pm

I think we should keep him as back up to Finnan. I don’t know where all this criticism has come from, he looks a good full back and it was good piece of business.

Obviously if he isn’t happy as back up then it doesn’t make sense to keep him against his will, if he isn’t happy and a club come in for him that he want to move to then let him go.

But if not then there is no need to sell him, as a 2, Finnan and Kromkamp are the best right back situation in the country, why would we need to change that, we just look as though we are building some continuity and people want to throw that out the window.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 25, 2006 2:32 pm

andy_g wrote:its difficult to know what benitez' plans are for kronkamp. he's obviously not ever going to be of sufficient quality to be the long term replacement for finnan and he's obviously not the right midfielder we're looking for. i would guess that his starts next season would be limited even if we don't bring in a new player, alves or whoever. i never feel worried when he comes on as sub late in a game but neither i get excited, it's more just a case of 'oh, kronkamp's on', and i expect that's the same for many people. he seems like a good decent bloke, a reasonable player and an honest professional (though having said that his comedy dive in his first appearance was sublime), but not really what we should be looking for.

my own guess is that benitez saw kronkamp as the best and easiest way of shipping out josemi and having immediate cover of a better, though not brilliant, standard. a short term solution, nothing else. he probably already knew he wanted to bring in a quality replacement/understudy for finnan at some point and when that time comes who do you want to try to sell on, kronkamp or josemi? imagine ajax showing an interest in josemi??

if, as someone has said, its because he's homesick then he should get back to holland asap as that was the reason he wanted to leave spain. so i agree, if ajax come in with any kind of offer we should let the guy go. the caveat is that we need to be sure that barragan is ready to step up if needed or that there is someone else coming in. if finnan is out for any length of time we will badly miss him.

That seems the most sensible and likely reason we have Kromkamp and i would not be at all surprised if he is on his way.
He is steady enough and can do a job, but i am sure Rafa will sell if he has the chance to bring in some finances and a better player.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion