Robbie fowler - 1 YEAR CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED NEXT WEEK

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat May 06, 2006 8:38 am

Great News  :D  :D  :D

Maybe Robbie could be kept on after his contract to go into thecoaching side.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby redsince2001 » Sat May 06, 2006 8:47 am

Keep it up Robbie  !!!

As many have said here....Rafa is very sound.....As someone once said
"He's a brilliant wee football guy."
:D :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby vlady16.1 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:31 pm

:buttrock  EXCELLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i'm late-- i just got up though i heard about this last night at the pub. so i am sooooo happy to hear this-- my jersey is going on (glad its good for another year- it was really expensive) and i'm off to the market to get stuff for dinner for my girlfriend tonight and yes it will be the good stuff, in celebration of course

as much as i worship the guy lets remember that he can't start every game and yes we still need a speedy striker but man this is good news-- i just love crouchy and god up front

in rafa we trust :bowdown
vlady16.1

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:47 pm

It's great news to hear that Fowler's been kept on. He must be doing great things off the pitch as well as on it, with creating a great atmosphere in the dressing room. Hopefully he can keep up the good work on the pitch, as well as off it.

As for Morientes leaving, not a chance, I sit behind my keyboard and roll around on the floor laughing by the amount of people who actually think Rafa will sell a player he has admired for years, just because he's having a little difficulty in finding the net. So you might as well just lay off the whole Morientes leaving speculation because I very much doubt he will, he'll I'm sure I'll place my house on a wager. He's here to stay (well until his contract expires anyway), as for Cisse he's as good as gone, apprantely he's been seen in Barcelona recently with Samuel Eto'o, lets hope Barcelona take him off our hands. :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby joko » Sat May 06, 2006 3:57 pm

really made up for this, this will be one of this club's long remembered signing
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 06, 2006 4:01 pm

We its made them £50 from me cos I will be buying a robbie fowler shirt. Will he wear No. 9 next year.

SUPER ROBBIE FOWLER
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun May 07, 2006 1:54 pm

Not a chance, mate.  One's gone for sure (Cisse) with the other very much on the bubble (Nando).  Neither have been good enough this year yet both will have something to offer other teams (probably in other leagues)...let's hope we can get some decent money and bring in someone with consistent quality AND finishing ability to complement Robbie and Crouchy.

The fact that Cisse was moved to the right is a sign that he's the one to have more chances to leave. In the quotes of Rafa you posted in a post a little below, Rafa talks about not seeing Robbie as a first option striker but a part of a group. I pretty much see Nando like that. He hasn't complained about not playing (not losing the Spanish squad place also helps to that) and has good discipline and I think that it's an appropiate striker to fulfill that secondary role (asuming we're going to sign up a starting eleven striker).

That signing, and Crouch, Moro, and Fowler are necessary to play so many competitions.

About the news it self, it's not a surprise to me. I'd had found VERY WEIRD Robbie signed just for a few months, and as expected, he's going to be here more time, which makes me happy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 07, 2006 5:18 pm

It's the right decision from Rafa. Only a complete buffoon would release Robbie after seeing his abilities and passion for this club.

He's a scouser through and through, and I bet he'd sit in bleach if it'd remove his toffee-supporting past.

Isn't it funny how our two staunchest supporters both started life supporting the sh*te!?! (God and JC - pun intended! :D )

If Rafa can find a top striker, and an up-and-coming unknown forward (due to the price of established talent), this department could end up being the best in Europe, matching our midfield (once a top right-winger is found).

This is a good time to be a Liverpool fan, and a really BAD time to support the scum.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Mon May 08, 2006 5:04 am

just seen his goal clips against pompey and i just getting more and more delighted with his contract extension
he's a real finisher that we EXACTLY need in many opinion i think. if you happen to see the goal, look at the way he lock the target and clip the ball to a very only robbie's way. a way that we have been missing for too long. god heard our prayers and gives not less than what we need at least.
He has now (CMIIW) eight goals including the canceled ones. Must be a fantastic gain to any gven standard.
I really delighted he stays, we have just found what we had been looing for! :cool:
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Mark 23 » Mon May 08, 2006 5:21 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:It's the right decision from Rafa. Only a complete buffoon would release Robbie after seeing his abilities and passion for this club.

He's a scouser through and through, and I bet he'd sit in bleach if it'd remove his toffee-supporting past.

Isn't it funny how our two staunchest supporters both started life supporting the sh*te!?! (God and JC - pun intended! :D )

If Rafa can find a top striker, and an up-and-coming unknown forward (due to the price of established talent), this department could end up being the best in Europe, matching our midfield (once a top right-winger is found).

This is a good time to be a Liverpool fan, and a really BAD time to support the scum.

Another rumour from the BBC website is that, Rafa is lining up a 14m move for SWP.

Wouldn't mind that, him and Gonzelaz on the wings would be amazing.  Morientes might actually show us what he is capable of then.  JUst need a decent striker now.
Mark 23

Postby joko » Mon May 08, 2006 5:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:It's the right decision from Rafa. Only a complete buffoon would release Robbie after seeing his abilities and passion for this club.

i don't know, getting a world top striker would be a massive boost, but given our current finance situation and other necessities of players, i think i begin to see what i expect from our strikers, especially  having seen the latest goals they created. i herein hilite robbie's goal which was superb, a second to none finishing in my book.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby -Rafa- » Mon May 08, 2006 11:58 am

Great news about Fowler resigning, good news, lets hope he bangs a few more goals in :)
-Rafa-

Postby gato_busta » Mon May 08, 2006 6:11 pm

Robbie has done great since re-joining liverpool. 5 goals in the league shows he is at the moment our best option up front for that competition. Robbie has something that some other players lack and it is the passion he feels for the club. That makes him take his game up a notch, try harder for the team. Giving him a new contract is a wise move from Rafa, even more since he gave him a "trial" to see if he could still cut it in the team.

As sabre said, Cisse is most likely to leave the club in the transfer window (hope he has a good world cup to rise his price a little). A new striker, Moro, Crouch and Fowler will give us a powerful front line for all competitions and get us even closer to winning the league.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby RAGE UK » Mon May 08, 2006 8:06 pm

. I’m glad fowler got a year with us he will prove to be a super sub and score goals.
I would play him before mori any day of the week.
Glad to have you back Robbie. I was not sure on his return but he has showed us there are still goals left in him yet m8.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby ALONSO » Wed May 10, 2006 5:55 pm

5 IN HIS LAST 8 I HEARD, AND HE HASNT EVEN BEEN PLAYING 90 MINUTES, AT THIS SCORING RATE IF PLAYING 90 MINUTES THATS 25 PREM GOALS A SEASON PLUS. PLUS WITH BETTER FITNESS WHO KNOWS WHAT HES GONNA PRODUCE AND HES NOT THAT OLD HES ABOUT THE SAME AGE AS CRESPO.
ALONSO

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion