Newcastle game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 15, 2004 12:56 pm

Hopefully the lads can get a victory today and finish the season on a high.
Newcastle have been poor the last few games and I think that on current form we should win comfortably.

However, Newcastle need a win and Villa to draw or lose or they won't even be in the UEFA cup next season as the 6th place UEFA cup place has been taken by Millwall for their place in the FA Cup final against Man Utd who have already qualified for the CL so the UEFA cup place for the winner of the FA cup will go to Millwall regardless ( I think).

We on the other hand have nothing to play for, but it would be nice to finsih the season with a win.

Should be an interesting match, think LFC will win by a goal in a typical exciting Liverpool vs Newcastle encounter.

C'mon the Reds!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 15, 2004 1:39 pm

im with u, a one goal win, maybe harry to score first...
be nice to see baros and pongolle, cheyrou and la tallec play some part tho
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sat May 15, 2004 1:54 pm

You are joking arent you, Cheyrou I would like to see if he actually breaks a sweat I havnt seen him in a game yet where he hasnt looked totally out of his depth. And sod the one goal win I live with a load of geordies and they havnt stopped sing 'champions league your having a laugh' up until the wolves match. Im fed up of them thinking that they are a big club they have lots of fans and thats it. I hope we stuff them so they dont qualify for europe and end up selling their two word class players to us. Woodgate and Dyer would look sweet in a red jersey.

P.S This is the rant line innit.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 15, 2004 2:28 pm

dyer?
and u call yourself a fan!
cheyrou will come good, trust me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sat May 15, 2004 3:19 pm

Yeah fair play on that one. Im a bit biased with dyer used to play against the little git. Ill keep my fingers crossed on cheyrou tho. He would probably end up spending more time in the treatment room than jamie redknapp did anyway.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 16, 2004 2:24 am

Asking a lot to expect Cheyrou to come good in my opinion. When there are qualty right sided midfilders out there like Malbranque, Wright Philips, Pennant etc..... i think Cheyrou's well behind these in terms of where he is at NOW !!!! We can't afford to carry players next season and he has had plenty time to "Bed in" as they say ...even accounting for his injuries....

Ask yourself with the exception of the Lazio pre Season friendly and the Newcastle FA Cup tie has he ever rwally played well  for LFC ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 16, 2004 2:30 am

No because he's never played in CENTRAL midfield with Steven Gerrard.

He has to have a run in that position or its unfair to judge.

The same as Joe Cole, complete waste of a talented player playing them out of position on the wings.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 16, 2004 2:33 am

So we now have to trial Chyrou in a multitude of positions to see if he can attain a  level of competence at any ? ??? 

Good players are at least NOTICED in any position, I can't honestly remember which games Cheyrou has played in this season with exception of Chelsea Away and Newcastle at home.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion