The Friday Six - ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:20 pm

Well, last week StMichael said that this week someone else could give this tradition a new spin, so here goes.

1. Chelsea in the FA cup tomorrow. How important is it to finish with a trophy this season, having already shown improvement in the league?

2. Liverpool have been bringing in and scouting a lot of youngsters recently. How important is it in the modern game for youngsters to be snapped up early when they rarely see first team action and we will always rely on bigger money buys?

3. What number would you have on the back of your shirt if you were playing for LFC?

4. Name 3 players from the present or yester-year that you would love to have playing for Liverpool today.

5. With Paco on his way, what is the most important thing
that we should look for in the coach that will replace him?

6. Will jonnymac continue to get smashed tonight cause Liverpool are in the FA Cup final?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:42 pm

(1) the improvement in the league has been very impressive, but we cannot rest on our laurels going into next season, third again next season will be a fairlure unless we reduce the gap to about 5 points rather than the estimated 15 of this season! To finish with a cup would be a huge achievement this year, particularly because we will have knocked out bout chelsea and man utd to win, it, but if we dont win it we have still made huge strides that we, the fans, shud be proud of!

(2) liverpool at the moment do not have the financial clout to buy the biggest names, therefore its very important for us to have a successful youth team with quaity players that are allowed to express themselves, rafa is the ideal manager for these talented kids as he is not afraid of giving them a chnace and is constantly encouraging and teaching them!

(3) good question, ive played in a lot of positions in football growing up (im 23 now), and at the moment for the club i play for im up front and wear number 10, and im happiest in this position so id say number 10.

(4) three players would have to be dalglish rush and owen! we already have fowler, so these four guys would put all of our goal scoring problems to bed! We have a quality midfield and defence already so all we need are strikers!

(5) difficult to answer this question, but on reading rafa's book and interviews from certain players, the man has made a huge influence at liverppol, I reckon someone with the exact same qualities such as commitment, hard working, eye for the game, and above all else talent at what he does!

some good questions Ace, fair play to ya!  :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:53 pm

1it is important to win a trophy but not vital. Really we just wanna give a good account of ourselves to show there isnt the gulf between us and cheatski that everyone is saying there is

2: Id rather spend more money on our own youth system fro the real grass roots than trawling around other clubs looking at what they have. We have seen how true home grown talents like stevie and carra can make the biggest difference to a club.

3: I used ot play with number 4 so id like to keep that... if not then id take the 9 or any number... id clean the boots to be part of the team to be honest

4: mendietta in his prime at valencia was in my opinion the best [player i haveever seen. i got to see him a couple of times and he was genius. King kenny would be there today and id like to see rob jones so he can get that elusive goal

5: dont know anything about the coaching side. just someone who will do his job and gets on with the gaffer and players. needs to command respect

nice ones
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:54 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Well, last week StMichael said that this week someone else could give this tradition a new spin, so here goes.

1. Chelsea in the FA cup tomorrow. How important is it to finish with a trophy this season, having already shown improvement in the league?

2. Liverpool have been bringing in and scouting a lot of youngsters recently. How important is it in the modern game for youngsters to be snapped up early when they rarely see first team action and we will always rely on bigger money buys?

3. What number would you have on the back of your shirt if you were playing for LFC?

4. Name 3 players from the present or yester-year that you would love to have playing for Liverpool today.

5. With Paco on his way, what is the most important thing that we should look for in the coach that will replace him?

1. I wouldn't say that it's important, but it would be the perfect way to end what has been a very enjoyable season. The CL win was a huge, huge tonic after a pretty joyless league campaign, but a couple of dodgy runs apart, I think it's been a really impressive and interesting season for the club.

2. It's hard to say. Most kids won't make it, but with the set-up and the facilities that we have, I'm convinced that any kid with something about them can be in no better surroundings. Not just from a footballing perspective, but also because we're the right club to grow up with. Of all the huge clubs in the world, LFC still feels to me like they give a toss about families, and if you're lucky enough to have a kid get taken on by the club, it'd be like packing them off to a cool uncle's house.

I'd personally love to see some of the kids come through. It's so satisfying to know that players like Carra and Stevie came to the club for nothing, and have made their names through hard graft. We got them for free and blew £30m on Heskey, Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou.

3. If I had the chance to play for Liverpool, I could have "jizz-choking ladyboy" on my back and I wouldn't give a toss. :D

4. 3 from the present - Henry, Duff, Messi

3 from yester-year - Aldridge, peak-era Barnes, peak-era McManaman

5. He's going to be bloody hard to replace, that's for sure. I think the main thing a new coach will have to do is to adequately fill the hole that he'll leave.

I'd like to see whoever comes in really push on with instilling the passing game that we've re-developed this season, and to once and for all move away from the lob it upfield approach that has ruined so many games for us in recent years. We can be as good as any side in the world when we keep the ball on the deck, and next season I just hope that we show it.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:26 pm

1. Very important to win a trophy this year especially with man utd already winning the carling cup chelsea with one hand on the premiership and arsenal looking strong in europe very important to win the fa cup

2.Very important to get the players in young Gerrard and carragher being perfect examples

4. Joaquin Ronaldinho ash cole

5.Not too sure

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Well, last week StMichael said that this week someone else could give this tradition a new spin, so here goes.

5. With Paco on his way, what is the most important thing that we should look for in the coach that will replace him?

Nice 5 Ace. Good job lad.

1- Win or lose tomorrow this season has been a good one because of the HUGE improvement in the league form. However i do think beating chelsea tomorrow would be an ENOURMOUS psychological lift for the club which could have some baring on next years title race. It's also possible that winning the FA Youth Cup (which happened about 5 mins ago) could actually prove more important than anything the senior team do in the main competition this season.

2- Bringing / developing our own youngsters is massively important if we are gonna compete with the likes of Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal (now that they have the new ground) and the heavyweights of Europe. Rafa will have to be every bit as shrewd as Arsene Wenger if he is going to bring the title back to Anfield where it belongs.

3- Imagine running out at Anfield eh? What a feeling that must be. Guess i'd take that famous number 7 shirt or maybe Carra's number 23.

4- I'll pick 3 former Liverpool players. King Kenny, Digger Barnes and then i'm torn between Hansen and Souness. go on i'll take Hansen.

5- I've just read Paco Lloret's biography on Rafa. It explains just how close Rafa and Paco are, in terms of football and friendship. Paco started out purely as a fitness trainer but quickly became Rafa's right hand man and most trusted colleague in football. I'm assuming he will be a BIG loss to the manager and the club. I'm sure a lot of fans would like to see an ex-player brought in but i would expect Rafa to go for someone he knows and trusts. Most likely someone from back home.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:29 am

1. I think its quite important for Liverpool to finish the season on a high. The problem with the league is that it doesn't quite have the euphoria that comes with a cup win. Finishing the league is like someone telling you, "that's it, seasons over".

2. It provides us some basis and cover for the early stages of the League Cup, also quite a few youngsters have developed to become very valuable to the first team.

3. Either 4 or 7.

4. Ronaldinho, Pele and Samuel Eto'o

5. Someone who can take over with as little disruption as possible.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:03 pm

I'm guessing that trophy just got a lot more important! :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:25 pm

In answer to no. 6... I'm guessing yes! :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<