Happy easter - For that celebrate that sort of thing

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:56 am

shanks72 wrote:I'm not really an ogre.

(A couple of nerves were touched that's all) And I know it's up to everyone what they believe. (It's just that I believe a great sacrifice was made at Easter and it means alot to me.) I think you're all nice guys and you could have taken the mick more, so thank you that you didn't. (I was apprehensive about coming on here tonight---I thought I've only been a member of this forum for a week and I've caused trouble already!) Please can we put it all behind us, perhaps I'll take up knitting again.   :(   

Got the Middlesbrough game on in the background and just seen they're winning 4-2. I think I'd prefer Middlesbrough to win.

Oh and "The Boys of Summer" is one of my fav tracks----got the single on vinyl.

Oh and Happy Easter boys and girls!!!!      :)

Your right mate no harm done

Enjoy your Easter    :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 am

RobinHood wrote:Hey laza, I celebrate Easter as one of the most important times of the year.  Just wish we could see the pubs empty on Good Friday / Sunday and the Churches full for once, all across the pool.  :wwww

On a more serious note though, my youngest nipper isn't too happy at the moment as some heartless sh*t stole his psp that I got him for Christmas. I can't afford to replace it but after careful research I found a company who can do one better and for free too. All I had to do was sign up for a free trial of home delivered DVD rentals and refer 10 people to do the same and they give him a free Xbox 360! - That I can defintley live with my friend. I still need a few more people to make up that 10 so if you fancy helping us out please visit this link to go and check it out http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=29059930 there is no obligation and you can cancel the free trial before 30 days is up - It needn't cost you a penny but it will certainly help my lad (and my wallet) out a heck of a lot.

Sorry if I broke any rules posting this info here, I dont mean any harm to anyone - I'm just looking to my team mates for some help.
Thanks to all who will help
God Bless & Happy Easter to all.  :wwww

Thats great Robin now flock off back to Sherwood before Sherrif of Nottingham nails your scam backside to a tree   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:47 pm

laza wrote:     :)

Your right mate no harm done

Enjoy your Easter    :D[/quote]
Thanks laza
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:08 pm

got one of these for easter , it wasn't chocolate .  :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:48 pm

No-one thinks you're an ogre Shanks...I don't think  :D

BTW, if you look into the origin of Easter, the eggs, the bunnies...it's all pagan, not Christian.  If you don't believe me look in the New Catholic Encyclopaedia.  If the Church admits it pagan, it can't complain if people (including Christians!) don't take it seriously.
:;):
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby shanks72 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:31 pm

It's a beautiful pic, Woof Woof!, thanks for posting it.

:)
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:03 pm

2520years wrote:No-one thinks you're an ogre Shanks...I don't think  :D

BTW, if you look into the origin of Easter, the eggs, the bunnies...it's all pagan, not Christian.  If you don't believe me look in the New Catholic Encyclopaedia.  If the Church admits it pagan, it can't complain if people (including Christians!) don't take it seriously.
:;):

You're very kind and you've made me feel a whole lot better (really!)    :D

I do believe you, I can't check at the moment anyway. (I'm not Catholic, but that doesn't matter).
Perhaps the church adopted the name of Easter for it's own celebration(?). All I know now is that Easter is a celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Some people just like the eggs and the bunnies and there is nothing wrong with that. For Christians, it's a time to remember what Christ did for us and the celebration is his resurrection on the Sunday.
I'm not perfect, far from it, and if I'd been asked to suffer on a cross for the sins of the world I couldn't have done it and there would be no Easter. But He did it and I guess He was the only one who could, like the hymn goes "there was no other good enough to pay the price of sin, He only, could unlock the gates of heaven and let us in....."

:)
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:36 pm

April Fools and Christmas have Pagen origins too. But the Christians learnt from the Romans that when you try to take over a country, it's much easier if you don't change anything, so holy-days were just given different names in the same way that Greek Gods were given Roman names (Zeus became Jove/Jupiter, Aries became Mars...etc,etc) many years before.
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum