Andriy shevchenko - Going to chelsea

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:03 am

I read in the daily mail today that chelsea have agreed to sign him, it reports that the deal is £110,000 a week  :oh:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:22 am

Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko over a move this summer, according to media reports in Italy. The Ukrainian is said to be ready to request a move from the Rossoneri to facilitate the four-year deal, which would be worth at least 160,000 euros a week.

According to English daily the Daily Mail, Hernan Crespo could be used in exchange to sway Milan into the deal.

Shevchenko's wife was reportedly in London last week to meet Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and be taken on a tour of the club's training ground and local properties.

Although no fee has yet been finalised, talks are said to have been ongoing with Milan for the last four months.

Link to article
Last edited by hawkmoon269 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 pm

All this talk contradicts what Skysports said a few days ago. It had an article saying "Shevi : Annoyed With Talks or something along those lines. All I can say is if Shevchenko goes to Chelsea then I can't see any other team gaining that Premiership trophy. I'd also lose all the respect I have for Shevchenko if he does move to Chelsea; simply because he might want a new challenge and might want to test the Premiership but why on earth go to Chelsea?

It's simply for quick success, the easy buck & the chance to live in London by the looks of it.
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:27 pm

Shevchenko's rubbished the report:

Link

Couldn't see him going TBH...

Maureen doesn't have the good sense to play Crespo ahead of Drogba - he'd probably let Sheva rot on the bench too  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby looprevil » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:02 am

I wonder if sheva would be as good in the prem.  Crespo played really well for milan but then at chel$e he's nowhere near as good.  I'm sure he'd score a lot of goals but I don't think he'd be as good in the prem as he is in serie A
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:02 am

So what if the silly b*stard goes to Sh*tski?

He'd flop in the Premiership anyway. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_ The _Prowler » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:52 pm

He wont be leaving Milan, they were trying to get him last season when his contract was nearing an end, but now he's signed till 2009 and said he wants to finish his career there.
Fowler_ The _Prowler

Postby Fowler_ The _Prowler » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:33 pm

looprevil wrote:I wonder if sheva would be as good in the prem.  Crespo played really well for milan but then at chel$e he's nowhere near as good.  I'm sure he'd score a lot of goals but I don't think he'd be as good in the prem as he is in serie A

I think Crespo is quality but he is wasted at Chelsea, he doesn't get enough service up front, he's easily the best finisher they have. He doesn't seem have his heart in playing for the club.
Fowler_ The _Prowler

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:43 pm

Fowler_ The _Prowler wrote:I think Crespo is quality

Agreed with you, he's World Class.  A joy to watch with his finishing, but especially his movement and build up play.  I've noticed he's even started working on his defensive side as well in the last few months.  Kids should watch DVDs of him if you ask me and watch how it should be done.  Shame he plays for that shower of shit Chelsea though.

When I say he's a joy to watch, I half say that because every time I watch that third goal he scored against us in Istanbul, it gets better and better, the ball from Kaka in the first place and his delicate finish. 

And the only reason I can stomach it is I know how it finishes.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Return to Premiership - General Discussion