Emile heskey - Praise

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cleman » Mon May 10, 2004 6:35 am

agree with azriahmad....
but release him at <5m (rumuor saying 3.5m to Birmingham) would be low....he should be rated more than that as one of the England International regular striker
Cleman

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 10, 2004 11:24 am

A cracking performance from Heskey. We all know he is capable of this type of form + he seems to do it every 10 games or so. This just makes it even more enfuriating! When i see him put in a performance like that i want him to stay. Its a shame he plays like that so rarely.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon May 10, 2004 2:35 pm

We only play the same formation every 10 games or so.
If we sell Heskey I really do think it will come back to haunt us.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 10, 2004 2:49 pm

He had a great game, he has a couple every year but the league is about week in/week out. He has to go!

He seems a nice guy but he's not good enough to be a Liverpool striker.

I would take any money, £5m would be fantastic but it'll probably be £3m. I don't understand why people think that being an England international means that you should command a big fee, it is how good a player is that counts, George Weah is from Liberia (find that on a map!) but which stiker would you have preferred in their peak.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Mon May 10, 2004 9:11 pm

Heskey had a great game, best i've seen him play for a while. He also played very well when he came on against Boro. . .the media reports about his subsequent exit may have a lot to do with it. I would be mildly disappointed to see him go as he has always been a model pro as Dalglish said and he has always linked up well with Owen but his biggest problem is his inconsistency - he's had a lot more poor/average games than he has good/outstanding games!

However if he is sacrificed we need to get a decent fee for him, i'd say at least £5m for an England international, its been reported Birmingham will pay £3.5m and £1m of that will be given to the player to compensate for the drop in wages he will have?!?
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon May 10, 2004 9:37 pm

He has scored noe 2 games in a row(yeah I know its scary isnt it) and if he scores against newcastle does this mean he is getting close to his excellent form from the treble season.

We will regret it if we sell him.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 10, 2004 9:48 pm

We will not regret it at all.

He'd just do exactly the same the same again next season.

He has had his chance and blown it. He had the ability but he didn't show it often enough. Heskey's attitude let him down, there has been to many games where he's done nothing and gone down after someone tapped him faking injury for sympathy.

The thing that proves this is everyone wants Baros to start ahead of him, EVERYONE can see Heskey is by far the better player of the two, but the fact is Baros gives something in every game, there are to many where Heskey gives feck all.

He will never be good enough as he doesn't put the effort in every week. When he does he's like he was against Birmingham and Chelsea, when he doesn't he does what he does in 85% of the other games this season, NOTHING!
115-1073096938

Postby adayinthelife » Tue May 11, 2004 12:55 am

I agree heskey has to go but he has been made look worse by being played out of position numerous times.
Last season how many games did he play on the left wing???
To put heskey anywhere but up front is madness and shows houlliers failings but yet stu still thinks he is the best manager tactically in the prem.
Give us a break houlliers has constantly made a simple game look incredibly difficult with his selections and formations.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Tue May 11, 2004 1:49 am

The fact is we are never going to win the title with Emile as a frontman. He has got to go because he is not consistent enough. If he goes to Birmingham and does well, fair play. But he just hasn't done it on a regular basis for us, so we've got to get rid.
Personally, I think Houllier's knocked a lot of his natural game out of him.
At Leicester, and at first for us, he was powerful and direct, cracked in shots from outside the box, scored headers etc etc
Half the time he's like a puppy now and he spends most of the match in our half (Birmingham super show aside!!)
robbohuyton

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue May 11, 2004 1:59 am

heskey better than baros? wise up lol

sorry but the reason y ppl like to see baros instead of heskey, is simple, baros is better than heskey thats the only reason

baros is going to leave though if he doesn't get a starting place, thats 6 matches in a row he hasn't even got on, bloody disgrace
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion