Ratings few newcastle game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Ciggy wrote:Is it just me or are player ratings a waste of time?

No it is me as well kiddo.

Its about people who want to give it out as though they are the football oracle on Liverpool FC on this forum, and their word is final.

More often than not the people get at least one wrong (and I mean well wrong). I mean, I go the match, and I watch intensely, and I am fuc.ked if I can tell you a rating out of ten for each one, and a few lines about htem as I never had a pen and paper with me. (I digress, but I am smiling writing this thinking of Stu with a pen and pad writing notes as the game progress'es [sp?})

Its all about opinion.

I reckon a man of the match thread is worthy, you know people put their personal MOTM on and justify it, that would make good debate, but this "official ratings for the XXX match" and the copetition to be the first with the post is simply stupid.

For what its worth, my MOTM was Warnock, his best display in a red shirt, and after to goal last week, lets (hopefully) think that he will prove the (many) doubters wrong.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:11 pm

its funny, someone left The Sun on the train today, so i read the Super goals section. And most of our players got 6's and 5's (including Carra,Cisse,Agger,Hyppia,Kromkamp and Reina)

Harry Kewell was apparently Dream Team Star Man....where gerrardo and Crouch got 7's. Do they even go to watch the matches?
Then i flipped to Man U's ratings and whaddayaknow 7's and 8's all over the place.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:15 pm

kunilson wrote:its funny, someone left The Sun on the train today, so i read the Super goals section.

run for cover
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:15 pm

kunilson wrote:its funny, someone left The Sun on the train today, so i read the Super goals section. And most of our players got 6's and 5's (including Carra,Cisse,Agger,Hyppia,Kromkamp and Reina)

Harry Kewell was apparently Dream Team Star Man....where gerrardo and Crouch got 7's. Do they even go to watch the matches?
Then i flipped to Man U's ratings and whaddayaknow 7's and 8's all over the place.

you read the scum............shame on you........ :angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:16 pm

there's always a next time. ill even hide from it.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:26 pm

kunilson wrote:its funny, someone left The Sun on the train today, so i read the Super goals section. And most of our players got 6's and 5's (including Carra,Cisse,Agger,Hyppia,Kromkamp and Reina)

:angry:

I wouldn't even use that dirty rag as toilet paper. I can't believe you looked at it. I feel like freakin deckin' the people who buy it in the shops but restrain myself. After all they said about us I can't believe people read it. If you didn't know about what they said then fair enough you need to be educated about it. Meanwhile pay this site a visit http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

DON'T BUY THE S*N
JFT96
YNWA
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:34 pm

i know how they fukd us over before....but my ipod battery had just died and it was the only thing to do :;):  apart from not looking at it obviously.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Made up with the win, we totally bossed the game and the second half was like an practice match.
We could and should of won by more, and Newcastle are honestly in the worst 3 sides i have watched us against this season, we have give them 2 lessons now this season.
Would love to play them every week.  :D
I am also not the best at giving individual ratings so will just make a few points.
Agger : Looked class, great composure and stood up to Shearer, was really impressed and he looks like he will be a top player.
Kromkamp and Warnock both supported the attack really well, and the system we used meant they had plenty of space on the wings....both used posession really well and surprised me.
I dont think Gerrard had a great game, his passing was a bit erratic (as it has been for a few weeks) but he scored probably our best goal this season and came off early so made up there.
Crouch, was really effective,,,scored one (out muscling a defender  :laugh: ) made the second, and then won the penalty. The type of performance that shows exactly why Rafa bought him. If you remember he layed Stevie on against Newcastle at anfield as well...another of our better goals this year.
Cisse disappointed me, i dont think he had a good game at all. His touch is awful and his awareness shocking.
I know he is playing out of position so i realise its a job he isn't used to.
At times when he gets it right he looks like he has abilty, but it doesnt happen often...its as if he is not concentrating and then he does something daft like smash it in to the crowd.
I am really surprised that nobody has really said anything about Fowler coming on for 1 minute...whats all that about ?
He is cuptied tomorrow so when we are cruising 3-1 up, why not give him 20 minutes ?
All in all i am made up with the performance...the result, the impact some of the fringe players (agger Kromkamp warnock) had on the game, and also the variation in formation.
Rafa continues to surprise me.
What a tactically astute manager we have.  :bowdown

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion