Cisse? kezman? smith? - Whos coming?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SGTBabbel » Thu May 06, 2004 1:14 am

just wondering what your views on the strikers linked with us recently?

personally, i think it would be a shame if we let Baros leave, as i think he has considerable talent, and has never really got a full run in the team.

of the strikers linked with us, Cisse is definetly coming, or so i hear, but what about if either Kezman or Smith joined- or both joined??

would that mean that Owen would be leaving, as im sure we wouldnt want to risk him leaving on a bosman (tho i dont think he would do that to us!)

what are your views??
SGTBabbel

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Thu May 06, 2004 3:02 am

So Cisse will joint this summer. What about Owen? Will he or won't he sign? I am sure the news of other strikers being linked with LFC is also meant to put pressure on Mikey to commit, coz if he won't, he will definitely be sold before he's allowed to leave on Bosman.

I believe Cisse's arrival will give our forward line tons of pace which is good. Owen need a partner to play alongside, someone who will take defenders attention away from him and I believe Cisse will provide it (although how long it takes for him to assimilate to Premiership is another question).

I do not like Smith's disciplinary and goal scoring record although I like his commitment. If he came, it will be a backup to Cisse and Owen.

Baros need another season and run of games to show his true potential. Letting him go will be a dumb decision but I can count on GH to make ever so strange decision when it come to buying/selling players. Besides, Baros does not seem to be Houllier's favourite.

I will suggest we look for a player who can link the midfield with the strikers, someone in the mould of Beardsley or Dalglish. I don't have any names on top of my head. Anyone?
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 4:35 am

I think Cisse is brought in to particularly anticipate Owen if he decides to go. But if Owen won't go, Cisse's coming won't be a big problem compared to if Owen goes and Cisse won't come.

I believe Cisse-Owen pairing is not a bad idea.
Baros present will be at least a "great Bonus" before he's able to slot in the main lineups.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 7:09 am

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 7:12 am

Smith,
He's just so emphatic :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 06, 2004 7:20 am

Our future hero? :)

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu May 06, 2004 9:20 am

he looks like the black dude out of gladiator who was mates with maximus (russell crowe) :D

CISSE WILL BE AWESOME AT ANFIELD WITH OWEN :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:06 am

im looking foward to Cisse coming to anfield. He is a class  player and he WANTS to play for us. We need okayers who want to play, not those who want toe arn money just playing for anyone. This isstill why im glad we didnt buy anelka.. come on cisse!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:10 am

Cisse is coming.

Owen, Cisse, Baros and Pongolle. Superb!!!

If Heskey stays thats another option, maybe he'll raise his game and start taking the chances that come his way again??

Personally though i think Emile may be sold.
115-1073096938

Postby rse » Thu May 06, 2004 3:24 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:CISSE WILL BE AWESOME AT ANFIELD WITH OWEN :cool:

Its a repeat of my previous post but it gives my view.

He's obviously very quick which is something we could do with up front considering Owen seems a bit short of pace at the moment.

One thing  is worrying me though.  With the current managers preference for rigidity in a midfield that plays deep, would his quickness just be an excuse for us to lob the ball up to him? 

I think most supporters would prefer to see more fluidity and movement about Liverpool but with the current midfield strategy I think a quick forward would just encourage the long ball.

I think Cisse's pace will worry defenders but Im concerned about the way we will use him.

Ultimate Kop Nostalgia
'Sing When We're Standing' is an audio cd of the Kop recorded at Anfield during the last ever game standing in 1994.  Quite simply, its the power and passion of the Kop captured on cd.  For more details and to hear a sample from the cd please visit www.kopcd.co.uk
rse

Postby stmichael » Thu May 06, 2004 3:30 pm

rse wrote:One thing  is worrying me though.  With the current managers preference for rigidity in a midfield that plays deep, would his quickness just be an excuse for us to lob the ball up to him? 

I think Cisse's pace will worry defenders but Im concerned about the way we will use him.

i don't think it's a case of we'll just lob the ball up to him. the guy is strong in the air but he isn't the tallest, a bit like shearer. i think the guy is good enough to have the ball played into his feet, turn and be off.

of course if we sign a right winger and harry kewell sticks to his position on the left, we shouldn't need to lump the ball upfield. that has been the problem in the past- NO WIDTH. with balls played into cisse from wide areas i'm sure owen will feed off him well.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 06, 2004 8:29 pm

Cisse?Kezman?Smith?

YES,NO,NO. CISSE- A PROVEN PLAYER AND A GOOD PROSPECT FOR LIVERPOOL.
KEZMAN- TOO RISKEY BUYING A PLAYER THAT MIGHT NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR LIVERPOOL.
SMITH- A GOOD PLAYER WHO COULD BE AN EXCELLENT PARTNER FOR OWEN. GREAT PHYSICAL PRESENCE BUT DOESN'T SCORE MANY GOALS. IF HE CAN'T SCORE GOALS THEN WHAT GOOD IS HE WHEN THE INJURY PRONE OWEN GETS INJURED(AND HE WILL)
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion