Friday's questions - Famous five

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jeffiroquai » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:48 pm

1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad?

-Rush, or a young Fowler

2. The converse question. The Liverpool side that beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 in April 1988 was widely acclaimed to be the best ever. The line-up was: Grobbelaar; Ablett, Gillespie, Hansen, Nicol; Barnes, Spackman, McMahon, Houghton; Beardsley, Aldridge. Which player from the current squad would have given the biggest improvement to that team?

-SG or Carra

3. Is there a company you find so repugnant that, if they came in to sponsor the Liverpool jersey, it would make you abandon following LFC?

-Sibneft Oil or Vodafone

4. In the 10 years starting from next season, how many Premiership titles do you think Liverpool will win? And Chelsea? Man United? Arsenal?

-Reds 3, Chelski 3, Manc 1, Spurs 1, Gunners 1

5. If a Liverpool player was found guilty of the sort of act that Steve Finnan has been accused of this week (not just racism: any crime that provokes a strong emotional reaction), could you support that player if he returned to the squad after serving whatever punishment was imposed

-If he was a stand up gent, and took responsibility for his actions, I would absolutely back him 100%.  Unlike that braided :censored: MANC who "forgot" about his :censored: test............
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:06 pm

1. King Kenny

2. Stevie G or Carra

3. No not ever but if I have to pick one its the S*n :angry:

4. Liverpool: 4 Chelski: 4 Mancs: 2 Arsenal: 0

5. It depends on what they said (e.g. if it just slipped out)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:48 pm

1. rush or hunt.
2. that wasnt the best reds side i`ve ever seen, we played great on the night and i remember it well but the late 70`s side was better. there`s no way brucie, ablett, gillespie or the admittedly under - rated nigel spackman would have been anywhere near the 70`s team and even the excellent steve mcmahon and ray houghton wouldnt have shifted the likes of souness, case, and mcdermott out of the side. beardsley was a superb player but he wouldnt have shifted kenny. maybe barnes edges kennedy (in a close call) and aldo might have edged davie johnston who was pretty similar to aldo but probably wasnt as prolific.
3. no
4. havent a clue, at the beginning of the 90`s with us and arsenal fighting it out for top honours i wouldnt have imagined man united who hadnt won the league since the 60`s totally dominating the decade and i certainly never envisaged us not winning the league for 15 years and counting.
5. people make mistakes, if he showed remorse and got on with his life then fair enough. if his behavior became a ongoing problem then get rid.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby ynwa » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:06 pm

1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad? Steven Gerrard

2. The converse question. The Liverpool side that beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 in April 1988 was widely acclaimed to be the best ever. The line-up was: Grobbelaar; Ablett, Gillespie, Hansen, Nicol; Barnes, Spackman, McMahon, Houghton; Beardsley, Aldridge. Which player from the current squad would have given the biggest improvement to that team? carriager for nicol

3. Is there a company you find so repugnant that, if they came in to sponsor the Liverpool jersey, it would make you abandon following LFC? the :censored: scum s*n

4. In the 10 years starting from next season, how many Premiership titles do you think Liverpool will win? And Chelsea? Man United? Arsenal?liverpool 3  chelsea 4 man u 2 arsenal 1

5. If a Liverpool player was found guilty of the sort of act that Steve Finnan has been accused of this week (not just racism: any crime that provokes a strong emotional reaction), could you support that player if he returned to the squad after serving whatever punishment was imposed? yes
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:03 am

ynwa wrote:1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad? Steven Gerrard

read the question again, how can we bring gerrard back from history to improve the current liverpool squad when he is already in the current liverpool squad

:oh:  :wwww
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 am

peewee wrote:
ynwa wrote:1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad? Steven Gerrard

read the question again, how can we bring gerrard back from history to improve the current liverpool squad when he is already in the current liverpool squad

:oh:  :wwww

stop reading other people's post's carefully peewee. Its not fair.  :p   :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:36 am

stmichael wrote:Well it's nearly the weekend guys so like I posted a couple of weeks back, here are five questions which I'd like you all to answer as honestly as possible.

1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad?

2. The converse question. The Liverpool side that beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 in April 1988 was widely acclaimed to be the best ever. The line-up was: Grobbelaar; Ablett, Gillespie, Hansen, Nicol; Barnes, Spackman, McMahon, Houghton; Beardsley, Aldridge. Which player from the current squad would have given the biggest improvement to that team?

3. Is there a company you find so repugnant that, if they came in to sponsor the Liverpool jersey, it would make you abandon following LFC?

4. In the 10 years starting from next season, how many Premiership titles do you think Liverpool will win? And Chelsea? Man United? Arsenal?

5. If a Liverpool player was found guilty of the sort of act that Steve Finnan has been accused of this week (not just racism: any crime that provokes a strong emotional reaction), could you support that player if he returned to the squad after serving whatever punishment was imposed?

1. Billy Liddell (never saw him, but he's sort out the RM position) or Aldridge (just to be different)

2. Riise taking Giblet's position.

3. S*n or CSA

4. LFC 3, but think we'd win more Champs Leagues.

5. If it was horrendous like what Bowyer did, NO.
Anyhow, I think LFC would get rid - like we did with Diouf.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:53 am

Effes wrote:5. If it was horrendous like what Bowyer did, NO.

what did bowyer do?

i think you will find he was not guilty of all charges and woodgate was found guilty of affray and given community service. or are you talking about his fight on the pitch with dyer?
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:10 am

Effes wrote:
stmichael wrote:Well it's nearly the weekend guys so like I posted a couple of weeks back, here are five questions which I'd like you all to answer as honestly as possible.

5. If a Liverpool player was found guilty of the sort of act that Steve Finnan has been accused of this week (not just racism: any crime that provokes a strong emotional reaction), could you support that player if he returned to the squad after serving whatever punishment was imposed?

1. Billy Liddell (never saw him, but he's sort out the RM position) or Aldridge (just to be different)

2. Riise taking Giblet's position.

3. S*n or CSA

4. LFC 3, but think we'd win more Champs Leagues.

5. If it was horrendous like what Bowyer did, NO.

1) Hunt or rush = goals
2)Gerrard instead of spackman,because he is an all round better footballer.
3) Rupert Murdoch's company ,whatever it's called.
4)Lfc 5 titles and the other 5 shared between the other 3.
5)No because Lfc players are high profile and are role models for alot of youngsters, therefore i would be reluctant to accept someone back that has tarnished the image of the club.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion