Bent: i didn't dive

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2520years » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:45 am

From the BBC...

Bent admitted diving, says Dudek

Dudek was furious after Bent scored from the spot at The Valley
Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek says Charlton striker Darren Bent admitted diving after winning a penalty during their Premiership game on Wednesday.
The penalty was converted for Charlton's second goal in the London side's 2-0 win at The Valley.

"Bent was, I think, one yard ahead of me. He dived, you know," said Dudek.

"When he was on the floor he was saying 'sorry, I dived, I did dive'. He was scared of getting booked. But when the ref said 'penalty' he said nothing."

Dudek added: "I said 'tell him. Tell him you dived'. The referee insisted it was a penalty.

"He said I had touched him. How could I have touched him when he was one yard in front of me?
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Paul C » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:12 am

2520years wrote:From the BBC...

Bent admitted diving, says Dudek

Dudek was furious after Bent scored from the spot at The Valley
Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek says Charlton striker Darren Bent admitted diving after winning a penalty during their Premiership game on Wednesday.
The penalty was converted for Charlton's second goal in the London side's 2-0 win at The Valley.

"Bent was, I think, one yard ahead of me. He dived, you know," said Dudek.

"When he was on the floor he was saying 'sorry, I dived, I did dive'. He was scared of getting booked. But when the ref said 'penalty' he said nothing."

Dudek added: "I said 'tell him. Tell him you dived'. The referee insisted it was a penalty.

"He said I had touched him. How could I have touched him when he was one yard in front of me?

It's so sad that the stakes are that high that theirs no honesty in the game anymore  :(

Their just a load of con artists and actors kicking a ball around a pitch  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:20 pm

Sol Campbell has asked Arsenal boss Arsne Wenger to let him fulfil his dream by agreeing to allow him a move to Premiership rivals Charlton. The request was put in after Charlton midweek win over five time European Champions Liverpool.

Reports that the request was made after the Arsenal defender heard the scorers for Charlton were Young and Bent, are yet to be confirmed.

:D
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:42 pm

stmichael wrote:Sol Campbell has asked Arsenal boss Arsne Wenger to let him fulfil his dream by agreeing to allow him a move to Premiership rivals Charlton. The request was put in after Charlton midweek win over five time European Champions Liverpool.

Reports that the request was made after the Arsenal defender heard the scorers for Charlton were Young and Bent, are yet to be confirmed.

:D

:bowdown
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion