Reina booked twice

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:28 pm

stu's right... (now dont go getting a big head cause everyone thinks ur right :p )

But the same law has to laid down to everyone. Did u see Aggers dive by the touchline against brum? - they showed it again on motd lastnite... he shoulda got a yellow too, bet he got a talkin to after that!

The ban should stand (but the ref's still a d1ck)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I can't find any reference to it being 2 yellows. Sky, BBC, LFC.tv all say it was a straight red. Which will mean a 3 match ban

Where abouts was the news of it being 2 yellows??
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:36 pm

nope...Reina will BE ban for THREE matches...i check the FA site and they are so fast in updating their suspension list...Reina has been listed there banning him from playing 3 Liverpool Fc First Team matches...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Yep - looks like 3 match ban is correct. The original BBC article which said he'd been shown a second yellow has been taken down, and their most recent news story related to it says he's out for 3 games. :angry:
ivor_the_injun

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:48 pm

Shame. I think we have adaquate cover. Dudek will be pleased, if he buggers up then Carson will step in. I think its not too much to worry about, the Fa say his ban started yesterday and will finish on the 14th (TheFA.com). That includes the following games:

8/2     Charlton (A)
11/2   Wigan (A)
14/2   Arsenal (H)

At least he'll be available for the Man Utd game, assuming he walks back into the starting XI
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm

The referee was confusing after reina's tackle on Gud. But the tackle was fine for everyone except the stup!d fans of chelski. The incident between reina and robben is the scene which proceed the departure of reina. Robben's SOTB
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby GunGod » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:02 pm

No doubt, simulation is disgusting.

But I remember Agger also tried the same stunt in the Brum game - he 'flew' when pushed slightly by a Brum player.
GunGod

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:50 pm

It turns out that BBC misreported it. Reina was booked with a yellow card for the tackle on Gudjohnsen, and recieved a straight red card for touching Robben's plastic face that caused him to hit the ground as if he got shot by a sniper from the stands.

So he will serve a three game ban, and it seems like we've chosen not to appeal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:07 pm

Yeah, Kromkamp did the same against Pompey. I and others have also gone at length about Sissoko's diving.

We can't really dwell on the Robben incident to be honest. Yes, it was disgusting behaviour on his part, and we've lost our No 1 keeper for 3 matches as a result. But it didn't alter the result, and it's not like some our players are averse to trying it. We need to stamp it out in our own back yard before we get too uppity about it.
ivor_the_injun

Postby laza » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:08 am

Which 3 games does Reina miss, i wonder if its that part of reason for not appealing
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fowler4ever » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:22 am

the whole thing wouldn't have happened if the linesman would have given handball agianst gudjohnsen in the first place, how the linesman failed to miss it is beyond me he was standing directly in line with it.

Did the linesman give a foul or not I didn't notice
fowler4ever

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:25 pm

I generally try and stay out of this type of thread but the behaviour of Robben was out and out appalling. I don't like to lose, but to lose and then have to put with an Academy Award performance by a Dutch Drama Queen as well was to say the least DISGUSTING. Ok yes he did touch the pretty boy and yes it may well have been a Red Card offence but the theatrics that went along with it were terrible. I am just wondering though what would have happened if everything had of been reversed. And perhaps Robbie Fowler or Risse had of gone down like that from a similar touch from the Chelsea keeper, I think it would have been a double send off. I think The FA needs to investigate this incident and Robben should move to Hollywood and become a movie star.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:18 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
DAV wrote:just read on sky sports,we have not put in a appeal

WHY? ???? ???? ????

Because it was two bookable offences and we wouldn't stand a chance.

A tackle from behind is a foul, regardless of weather you take the ball, he was lucky he wasn't sent off for that alone.

Also raising your hands into someones face is a straight red card IN THE RULES OF THE GAME.

Common sense says both were yellow card offenses, hence the reason he was sent of. We have no grounds for complaints.

Had it been a three match ban for either incident serperately we would have had room to complain. As it stands a one match ban for two bookable offences is correct.

let me disagree about something here stu.. the tackle from behind should have been a normal foul in the english game, its a normal tackle and i didnt see anything wrong about it.

the raising hand, ok yes a straight red card, but Robben's behaviour made all of us furious, Rafa knows Reina made this mistake and he admits it, but for a proffessional footballer to act in a disgraceful behaviour should get a punishment too.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:54 pm

It was not a proper way to react when Reina touches him, the touch by Gallas afterwards was about the same and is the EPL encourages people to fake injury!!! Because obviously justice was not served. Reina getting a straight red is fine but don't they review things like this because this is sending the wrong message to the rest of the league.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm

metalhead wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
DAV wrote:just read on sky sports,we have not put in a appeal

WHY? ???? ???? ????

Because it was two bookable offences and we wouldn't stand a chance.

A tackle from behind is a foul, regardless of weather you take the ball, he was lucky he wasn't sent off for that alone.

Also raising your hands into someones face is a straight red card IN THE RULES OF THE GAME.

Common sense says both were yellow card offenses, hence the reason he was sent of. We have no grounds for complaints.

Had it been a three match ban for either incident serperately we would have had room to complain. As it stands a one match ban for two bookable offences is correct.

let me disagree about something here stu.. the tackle from behind should have been a normal foul in the english game, its a normal tackle and i didnt see anything wrong about it.

the raising hand, ok yes a straight red card, but Robben's behaviour made all of us furious, Rafa knows Reina made this mistake and he admits it, but for a proffessional footballer to act in a disgraceful behaviour should get a punishment too.

As I understand it, a tackle from behind was made a mandatory booking a couple of seasons ago...as was simulation!
My earliest memory.
2520years

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion