Souness on the brink - How long left

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:13 am

So Newcastle lose again this time to Fulham.The team probably has the worst injury record in the league bar none,with injuries to major players.....Owen,Parker,Emre etc...
I thought in October Souness was on his way but a certain ex red no 10 came back and popped up with match winning goals.The lad now has a broken leg and Newcastle look a very poor team,Souness keeps on about "judge me when they are all fit" but to be honest i think his time is up.We all said in the summer when the board backed him with 50million in the transfer market with their current defence they would concede more than they would score and if my memory serves me right the defence have not been injured so he cant blame that........
Souness out .......i think yes and very shortly......to spend 50 million of any chairmans money and be in the state they are in injurys or not.........he has to go.......

Souness great player my son,but your a diabolical manager and i for one although i thank you for you days as a player here,i dispise your days as our manager and the way you destroyed the boot boom and the bastian Anfield was, built on, the shoulders of Shanks and Paisley and the wonderful Anfield faithful over nearly 30 years of magic which you were part of.But what you did to us as our manager i will never forgive you for and the Geordie fans deserve better.
Hopefully this will be your last job in English football because i wouldnt touch you with a barge pole,saying that though i would love to see you at Man united and do something for the Liverpool fans that used to adore you.
Just being their manager would be enough because the rest would follow   :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:24 am

Hes off the xmas card list then Phil  :D
Liverpool fans obviously have mixed emotions when it comes to Graeme Souness. His spell in charge of Liverpool was pretty disastrous,almost changing us into a wimbledon,hatchet men everywhere,he made a ba.ll.s of it but to be fair-the team was creaking with age and also -players he got the blame of getting shot of,wanted to leave anyway.He did sign Rob Jones but Liverpool seemed to be cursed that whole era when so called good players just flopped.
   Its not looking good at Newcastle,all the injuries,and their gurning fans -could be curtains for him. He was doing a good job at Blackburn too, he shouldve stayed there.He never shirked a challenge as a player and he wont shirk this one either. Good Luck to him I say! Forgive and forget eh Phil? :;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:00 am

TBH Phil Souey has admitted in recent years that he did make mistakes at Liverpool and tried to change things too quickly but then again anyone who signs Paul stewart and nobody's like Istvan Kozma should be strung up on annie road from the nearest lampost by his bollox!  :D

As for him at the toon i think he's on borrowed time now and it is a surprise that shepard has given him this long and if he doesn't go this week i think it'll be before the end of the month when he does. who knows he may get his old job at rangers back when they ditch mccleish at the end of the season (IMO).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:26 pm

well its happened and he has been sacked.Souness has got to realise he isnt a big club manager.It was obvious this would be the result and to be honest i'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:38 pm

:D lol the answer came quick,.

Sad but hey watching Souness is painful.. like flogging a dead horse.. oh well nice pay off.. and what must Mikey be thinking :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion