Are you telling the truth, houllier?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:33 am

I was checking on teletext about Michael Owen, GH said that he will sign a new contract very soon, but I am having doubt about that, cos GH has been saying that for long time since last December that Michael Owen will sign a new contract but when?

I remember about Steve McManaman story, when GH said that SM will sign a new contract but he didn't, so he walked out of Anfield to sign for Real Madrid on Bosman Rule and we lost a lot of money and we have learnt our lesson, but we cannot afford to lose a lot of money if Michael Owen go for nothing!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:41 am

this worries me too. about a month ago he said that talks had started. then a couple of weeks later he said that talks had developed. i mean how long does it f#ckin take to agree a new contract? the longer it goes on, the more i doubt owens desire to play for us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:45 am

Haven't you realised lads that its all about whether we finish 4th ? Put yourself in Michael's boots, he has a Euro championship coming up and wants to know whether he will be playing in the CL next season. I'm no agent but I can assure you his agent will be advising him to do nothing till after May 15th. Of course like all fans i hope he does signa  new contract but can you blame him for going if we don't make the CL ?

Walk On ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:47 am

yeah but for all we know, we could finish 4th and get dumped out in the qualifiers.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:59 am

Yesterday The Daily Mirror reported that Wenger was lineing up a 12Mil offer for him, this is bullsh#t.

I hope he signs a new contract, but if he doesen't by the the time the friendlies start then flog him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:01 pm

owen would never go to the #rse. they've just signed some 21 yr old dutch striker from feyenoord anyway. owen at 12m is a joke anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:05 pm

Hope springs eternal in Football mate and Michel Owen will believe we will come through th qualifiers and equip ourselves well IF we get there. Look at chelsea and Leeds a few seasons back , had to qualify but both made the Semi finals.

There is only a couple of clubs i can see Michael going to , Barcelona being the most likely.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:08 pm

just think. chelsea are possibly only where they are now due to our failure to beat them on the last day of last season. if they weren't in the champions league there's a good chance bthat that russian mafia crook wouldn't ever have shown his face over here.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:15 pm

Very true mate, on the flip side look at leeds and what happened when they failed to make CL in successive seasons !!! i dont think it will ever get that bad at LFC, we run our club a lot better than Leeds did but if we dont make CL and Michael refuses to sign a  new deal then we need to cash in before the start of next season. If we leave it till next Jan 05 he wil be a fraction of the price......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion