Danger of getting too carried away. - Robbie fowler "beetle mania" has landed.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
The Nancy Boys wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
The Nancy Boys wrote:New poster here.

I've read all of the Fowler posts, since the news came through this afternoon that Anfield legend Robbie Fowler had signed on a free until the end of the season. But some of the posts I've read in here are hysterical beyond belief.

Saying that Robbie fowler is our saviour, like Jesus Christ has got to not be taken seriously.

You have to bear in mind that, although a goal poacher, he has put on a lot of weight since leaving LFC and aged by 10 years. I'm sorry , but No one on earth can turn the clock back.

If you guys think he is gonna start banging in 4 minute hatricks, like against Arsenal 10 years ago are having a larf.

I welcome the signing, not bad for "free" Rafa deals well, but Cisse is a lot younger and fitter than Robbie, Morientes is quality, and crouch has a lot going for him, so Robbie will have to be at his very best to displace them.

Me personally, a lot of people have a dig at Moro, but I think he is world class but often lacks the service to be able to show it.
I have to say, this afternoon at 6pm on the news, when I heard the news I was stunned. I personally think Owen would have been the better choice. to be honest fowler has not shown the kind of form he had at liverpool, since he left. I dont think has done enough to warrant a return.

Not all can be put down to what club you are at.

One thing I will say, Rafa will train him rigorously to get him into shape, a fit fowler gives him the best chance.

But me personally, I think he is spent !!!!!

You all need to get a grip. and perspective on the situation.

Look at Mike tyson for example, a shadow of what he was ten years ago. Like I said, no one can turn back the clock, NOBODY!

All Im saying is, if he does'nt start scoring prolificly, then dont start complaining.

So COME ON ROBBIE !

F*ck off you c*ck-sucking whore.

Has the Man U site shut due to waning support?

that just shows your own immaturity.

im bettng you are 12 years old, and have been listening to your mummy and daddy arguing late at night to pick up all these swear words.

come back with a decent argument, when your mummy has stopped wiping your behind.

Trust me, Sentiment Aside..Fowler is SPENT!

:eyebrow  :eyebrow

I bet you're wrong, you squirming little maggott.

You say your 8-year-old son comes on here.

Are you insinuating that my justified and accurate "c*ck-sucking whore" jibe is the worst bit of language on here?

'Cos I'm going to release an entire can of expletives if you carry on, you little scrotum.
If your son REALLY posts on here, you wouldn't want him to read any of that, now would you, Scrotes?

I'll tell you what:

You toddle off back to your bluesh*te/Manure site, and your poor little kiddywink won't HAVE to read my posts, regardless of what they contain. See what I'm saying?

BTW - I've not heard anything from the MOds, so it would appear that YOU are at fault, you weasley little runt.

Bye now sweetcheeks.  :rasp

- Thanks Drummerphil and Ciggy. I appreciate that.

no problem you guys have stuck behind me enough times.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:49 pm

drummerphil wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:tALKSPORT - "Everton rejected the chance to sign Fowler"

mark,arthur,pauline.........which one ???? ???

:D   :bowdown
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby God-23 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:23 pm

spot on woolyback,no doubt rafa will get robbie on some sorta special fitness regime and once his fitness and sharpness is back the rest will undoubtedly shine thru,you don't lose a gift like robbies just thru putting on a bit of weight.there must be something there or rafa would never have brought him home..

welcome back robbie  :bowdown
Steve Gerrard Gerrard
He's scouse and he's f**kin 'ard
He's better than frank lampard
Steve Gerrard Gerrard
God-23

Postby The Nancy Boys » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:26 pm

drummerphil wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
The Nancy Boys wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

I've read all of the Fowler posts, since the news came through this afternoon that Anfield legend Robbie Fowler had signed on a free until the end of the season. But some of the posts I've read in here are hysterical beyond belief.

Saying that Robbie fowler is our saviour, like Jesus Christ has got to not be taken seriously.

You have to bear in mind that, although a goal poacher, he has put on a lot of weight since leaving LFC and aged by 10 years. I'm sorry , but No one on earth can turn the clock back.

If you guys think he is gonna start banging in 4 minute hatricks, like against Arsenal 10 years ago are having a larf.

I welcome the signing, not bad for "free" Rafa deals well, but Cisse is a lot younger and fitter than Robbie, Morientes is quality, and crouch has a lot going for him, so Robbie will have to be at his very best to displace them.

Me personally, a lot of people have a dig at Moro, but I think he is world class but often lacks the service to be able to show it.
I have to say, this afternoon at 6pm on the news, when I heard the news I was stunned. I personally think Owen would have been the better choice. to be honest fowler has not shown the kind of form he had at liverpool, since he left. I dont think has done enough to warrant a return.

One thing I will say, Rafa will train him rigorously to get him into shape, a fit fowler gives him the best chance.

Look at Mike tyson for example, a shadow of what he was ten years ago. Like I said, no one can turn back the clock, NOBODY!

All Im saying is, if he does'nt start scoring prolificly, then dont start complaining.

So COME ON ROBBIE !

F*ck off you c*ck-sucking whore.

Has the Man U site shut due to waning support?

that just shows your own immaturity.

im bettng you are 12 years old, and have been listening to your mummy and daddy arguing late at night to pick up all these swear words.

come back with a decent argument, when your mummy has stopped wiping your behind.

Trust me, Sentiment Aside..Fowler is SPENT!

:eyebrow  :eyebrow

I bet you're wrong, you squirming little maggott.

You say your 8-year-old son comes on here.

Are you insinuating that my justified and accurate "c*ck-sucking whore" jibe is the worst bit of language on here?

'Cos I'm going to release an entire can of expletives if you carry on, you little scrotum.
If your son REALLY posts on here, you wouldn't want him to read any of that, now would you, Scrotes?

I'll tell you what:

You toddle off back to your bluesh*te/Manure site, and your poor little kiddywink won't HAVE to read my posts, regardless of what they contain. See what I'm saying?

BTW - I've not heard anything from the MOds, so it would appear that YOU are at fault, you weasley little runt.

Bye now sweetcheeks.  :rasp

- Thanks Drummerphil and Ciggy. I appreciate that.

no problem you guys have stuck behind me enough times.....

" I'll be there for youuuuuuu, when the rain starts to fall, I'll be there for youuuuuuuuu, if your there for me TOOOO! "

(Rembrants- Theme tune from freinds comes to mind)

Please, I'm going to be sick in a minute. These forums are just pages on the internet, nothing more. Very sad.

:D  :D

Lando, did you read the terms and conditions before you signed up? something along the lines of....respect fellow members, do not use abusive or offensive language .tick this box if you agree! ?

seems the moderators are not doing thier job properly in keeping the forum clean, and abiding by the rules.

It's obvious reading a lot of topics and posts, that a blatant breach of the forum rules, is constant, and people are getting away with it,no matter how long they have been members.
The Nancy Boys

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:37 pm

Hustler again?
jonnymac1979

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:45 pm

I'm not convinced John,seems like a jumped up tít to me here to cause trouble with some of the long time members on here.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:52 pm

So COME ON ROBBIE !

i think many of us are just made up. not overhyped, overrating, overestimating etc. what's so wrong with that
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:54 pm

The Nancy Boys wrote:
" I'll be there for youuuuuuu, when the rain starts to fall, I'll be there for youuuuuuuuu, if your there for me TOOOO! "

(Rembrants- Theme tune from freinds comes to mind)

Please, I'm going to be sick in a minute. These forums are just pages on the internet, nothing more. Very sad.

:D  :D

Lando, did you read the terms and conditions before you signed up? something along the lines of....respect fellow members, do not use abusive or offensive language .tick this box if you agree! ?

seems the moderators are not doing thier job properly in keeping the forum clean, and abiding by the rules.

It's obvious reading a lot of topics and posts, that a blatant breach of the forum rules, is constant, and people are getting away with it,no matter how long they have been members.

You offend me with your presence.

It also says something about insightment, you little pipsqueek.

Why don't you celebrate your teams draw with Sh*tski's reserves, you bitter bender. (Or is it Manure's win just now?)

Either way, you should be out celebrating - not attempting to wind up a superior intellect!  :eyebrow  :rasp

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:38 am

I've read a lot of opinions on Fowler's return.  If someone had told me last week that Fowler was coming back I'd have laughed.  There is no way I thought he'd be the type of player Benitez would sign.  Even for a short term deal I thought he'd have been more likely to pluck someone from la liga.

Now Fowler's back I'm ecstatic, it's almost unbelieveable.  But once you get over the shock of him signing, you have to wonder what he's capable of these days.  He's not going to be the saviour, but he's not quite a spent force yet either.

Although his powers are diminished, his scoring record for Man City and Leeds was still impressive, even with all the injuries and problems he's had.  1 goal every 3 games?  That's not bad considering.

He's a free transfer, low wages, eligible for Europe and loves the club.  I really think this is the motivation he needs to resurrect his career.  Fowler at Man City wasn't the Robbie Fowler of old, but he still scored goals. At Liverpool you will get an extra 10% out of Fowler though.  He'll get himself back into shape and make a real go of it.  Benitez can't lose with this transfer, he's made the fans happy and he's keeping the board happy as it's not costing them much.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:51 am

Ok, Robbie is not the player he once was, we all agree that, but a Robbie Fowler at 60% is still a good striker.  He can still slot them home, when the opportunity arises (ManU and Scunthorpe lately) - and you just never know what could happen now that he seems to be reborn!!  He never was that quick, he just has to find himself in the right places, at the right time.  FFS look at the chances that have gone wanting, just for the need of a goalscorer - and Robbie Fowler can score goals!!! :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am

And Leeds are still supplementing his wages!!!  :D
It'll probably only cost us £10K a week!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:33 am

nancy boy says you cant turn back the clock, well mate, i do it every week :D

and so does lando, hawkmoon, RB, woolly, peewee and fringe member woof :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:14 am

Judge.

What are you dribbling about!?! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:38 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Judge.

What are you dribbling about!?! :D

turning the clock back  :eyebrow
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:41 am

Judge wrote:nancy boy says you cant turn back the clock, well mate, i do it every week :D

and so does  woolly, peewee and fringe member woof :D

It's true , and I am a fringe member .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion