Simao - Will sign soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:53 am

7_Kewell wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
el_stinger wrote:Simao is not coming after all, and if my sources are correct.. Kewell_7 is full of sh1t!!!!

Simao to remain with Benfica
By James Pearson -  Created on 26 Jan 2006

Liverpool have held a long-standing interest in the former Barcelona flyer, while Manchester United and Chelsea have also been tipped as suitors for the 26-year-old.

The Merseysiders were close to landing Simao last summer, but despite reportedly agreeing a fee in the region of £10.2 million, the Portuguese club opted out of the deal.

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has confirmed Simao, who is contracted till 2010, will remain at Estadio da Luz as no suitable offers have been received.

The club are refusing to comment on things that have happened between themselves and the player, but that he will be staying with them.

"Simao is a Benfica player until 2010," explained Vieira. "What has happened till now, by both Benfica and the player, will not be revealed.

"The only thing we can say with certainty is that Simao will remain at Benfica until the end of the season."

nice use of English there.....and your sources being what you read in the press?  i just said what i'd been told by friends who work 'in' the press and said it was coming....i've openly said i'll happily bring up this thread on the 1st of Feb and accept i was wrong.  but please, don't get abusive. :no

Its not abusive, lol, I called you up from the start, and you didn't let up. You make a statement like that, you'll get burnt. Be careful in the future.

that's because i trust the people who told me....and i still stand by it...if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. i'll happily admit it.

Then your friends suck @ss lol
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Nancy Boys » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:50 am

7_Kewell wrote:Sorry, but this isn't a rumour.  Heard from two sources that its a done deal  and Simao is a Liverpool player.  A fee has been agreed but Benfica and Liverpool are now just sorting out the payments details.  it's going to be around 8-10 million, with the fee varying on apparences and other performance related stuff.

you heard it here first  :)

done deal? well he better get his skates on, he's got about 2 days.

then you are gonna look very silly boy
The Nancy Boys

Postby darwisigila » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:21 am

forget simao........rafa looking for other rm in victor ( deportivo la coruna), according to sky, he will come to melwood to discuss term and medical this sunday.
darwisigila

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:40 am

The Nancy Boys wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Sorry, but this isn't a rumour.  Heard from two sources that its a done deal  and Simao is a Liverpool player.  A fee has been agreed but Benfica and Liverpool are now just sorting out the payments details.  it's going to be around 8-10 million, with the fee varying on apparences and other performance related stuff.

You look very silly on here.

Imagine that - a piece of sh*t posting on an internet forum!?!

Whatever next?  ???  :no

Now run along, maggott - if you hot-tail it, you might just get back in time to get nailed by your dad.

The dirty b*stard told my mate that works in the bank that's what he does to you every night while your Mum watches Corrie!

You filthy bulge of septic puss.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:51 am

The Nancy Boys wrote:

You are a Nancy Boy aren't you?? Prolly a fudge packer too! Who are you to throw your bullsh1t around here? Kewell_7 made a statement, and he has retracted, he has balls! I commend him for that! You on the other hand have a clitoris where you should have a penis, so anu$ rimmer, feck off!!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:25 pm

ok folks, i was out with the guys who told me Simao was coming and, needless to say, they have confirmed the deal is off.  The reason being this:

Simao was promised a Jan transfer to where ever he liked, he had been promised this by the Benfica chairman.  Liverpool made an offer right at the start of the transfer window (roughly around the time i posted this) for 8 million + incentives....however, the Benfica Chairman had (again) changed the deal and wanted 13 million.  At this stage, Benfica started to claim Man utd and Chelski were interested, however neither had made an offer and it was just a ploy to get moer and more money from us.  Hence, Rafa pulled out and it's unlikely anything will be done now until the summer, if ever.

Sorry folks, i only posted what i was told, but unless the Benfica Chairman changes his mind, SImao isn't going anywhere.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:05 am

Chelsea - Shock winger deal agreed?
27 Jan 2006 18:04

Reports suggest that Chelsea are on the verge of reaching an 'agreement in principle' with Benfica to sign right-winger Simao Sabrosa.

The Portuguese international had been strongly linked with a transfer-window move to Liverpool, but Eagles president Luis Filipe Vieira had affirmed earlier in the week that the 25-year-old would be staying at the Estadio da Luz at least until the summer, saying:

"We have not revealed anything that has happened up until now, nor has the player, but one thing is certain: he will not be leaving before the end of the season."

The potential move to Anfield appeared to flounder due to Benfica's asking price of 20million euros (around £13.7m), with Liverpool only willing to pay 15m euros (about £10.3m) for the midfielder.

However, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho seems willing to meet the Portuguese club's demands, with the newspaper Jornal de Noticias claiming that a deal is close to being agreed.

Ironically, with Liverpool missing out on the Benfica captain, Simao's arrival at Stamford Bridge could mean the exit of Shaun Wright-Phillips, with Anfield being a probable destination.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:01 am

I don't know what is chelsea trying to prove by getting simao......

I mean they already have cole, robben, duff, swp. So why would they want simao ?

:angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:06 am

The_Rock wrote:I don't know what is chelsea trying to prove by getting simao......

I mean they already have cole, robben, duff, swp. So why would they want simao ?

So we cant have him, its true they only signed SWP so us or Arsenal could'nt have him.
Thats why they wanted Gerrard not cause they needed him but just to make us weaker.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:
The_Rock wrote:I don't know what is chelsea trying to prove by getting simao......

So we cant have him, its true they only signed SWP so us or Arsenal could'nt have him.
Thats why they wanted Gerrard not cause they needed him but just to make us weaker.

can only but hope that their players moral drops and things go wrong onthe pitch.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion