Crespo. - 100% cast iron top-quality.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:10 am

Got me thinking as I was watching Manure show that hard work and comittment can actually overcome "the team of the century", where is Crespo these days? Next thing the bloke on SKY starts going on about a supposed fued between Hernan and Maureen.
Now I don't know what you all think, but I think he is an absolutely fantastic player. They paid a similar fee for him that we paid for Cisse but much as Djibril does his best, it is just about the only comparison really in my view. I honestly think if Crespo played for us we would be a completely different team.
He is the thinking mans striker, his movement and anticipation of the very highest order, his finishing cultured, calm and clinical. He scores headers, tap-ins and from distance with regularity and has pace (though not as much as Cisse obviously) and power in abundance.
I've a notion that Maureen will already be doing the sums about what would happen if Drogba (who is a much better player than many give him credit for) got injured. Carlton Cole isn't going to win you much and that would leave the special needs one relying on Crespo, a man who he clearly has difficulty handling. Maybe, just maybe Maureen may look at a non CL cup tied striker and offload the Argentinian. If, and it's a huge if, an English club could get Crespo and make him their "main-man" striker, they would have pure and total World class on their hands. I wish it was us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:23 am

Crespo refused to travel with the team to Betis last week, so he has been outcast from the Chelsea squad, as has Robben for having a tantrum of being subbed, its unbelievable really to be able to drop 2 players of such quality cause they spit their dummys out.
Long may it continue the spats at Chelsea everyone knew this anyway, you can keep people some of the time, but not all of the time, and with a World Cup year coming up, even the money grabbing mercenries, will want to play in the World Cup, but if theirs no first team action expect a few unhappy campers.

Crespo was brilliant for AC Milan and INMO he should have stayed where he was, I doubt Chelsea would sell him to us and I think he may want to return to Italy, if he is going to be sold.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:55 am

I agree bigmick, and I've always hard difficult to understand why is he on the bench.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:04 am

It may have been a throwaway remark Mick but I heard one commentator say that it was "hardly a secret that Crespo would prefer to be back in Italy"

Your right though , top player .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:22 am

Crespo is a class player but he likes clubs from 'fashionable' cities like Madrid, London, Milan, etc and I'm unsure he'd be able to settle in the city of Liverpool :(
Last edited by Paul C on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:39 am

I would love Crespo at our club i think hes a brilliant forward.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:45 am

crespo, top drawer player, shame he doesnt have a CL winners medal :D

mick, i see youve followed my lead on posting the name only for the topic, followed by a short description :cool:  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:46 am

Couldn't agree more with you all, but it's highly unlikely that he would be sold to us or even want to come to us.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:55 am

Crespo is a world class striker that as Bigmick said can score all different kinds of goals.
His movement for the header he scored recently...i think it was against  Betis at home was outstanding.
I would love him at Liverpool but cant see Chelsea selling him to us.
From what i can see with Chelsea as well as wanting to make themselves the strongest side in the world they also seem set on stopping their rivals getting close by signing players they dont need just to stop others getting them.
SWP is a prime example and Theo Walcott could be another.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:58 am

Yes you can add "trend-setter" to all the other names you've been called recently Judge. :;): BTW, I did enjoy your "dole dwelling waster" comment on another thread a few days ago. It made me laugh all day and was up there with the "I don't recall seeing a big fat bellend etc etc" that someone hit you with. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:59 am

bigmick wrote:Yes you can add "trend-setter" to all the other names you've been called recently Judge. :;): BTW, I did enjoy your "dole dwelling waster" comment on another thread a few days ago. It made me laugh all day and was up there with the "I don't recall seeing a big fat bellend etc etc" that someone hit you with. :D

:D Ha
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:05 pm

bigmick wrote:Yes you can add "trend-setter" to all the other names you've been called recently Judge. :;): BTW, I did enjoy your "dole dwelling waster" comment on another thread a few days ago. It made me laugh all day and was up there with the "I don't recall seeing a big fat bellend etc etc" that someone hit you with. :D

I only go on this site in work, and reading posts like that have me laughing at my computer and getting strange looks from people around me.
Like Stu's one to da toxteth iron the other day.
Brilliant reading while i'm stuck in here. :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:18 pm

I only go on this site in work, and reading posts like that have me laughing at my computer and getting strange looks from people around me.

Through training, you'll learn putting your best poker face. It's also handy to have on of those "Boss keys" that automatically put a serious "prompt command" or "Excel sheet". Be aware of *english word for those :censored: that collaborate with the boss, telling things about other coemployees*, they'll be that and Che$ki fans. Every precaution is not enough :D

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 pm

Crespo? Now there's a player that would have fans on the edge of their seats that Rick Parry spoke about. Nothing wrong with testing Chelsea's hand though is there?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:28 pm

cheers mick  :D  lol

no-ones ever hit me with a bellend  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion