Face it, houllier's staying for another year - Like it or not, we should get behind him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:09 am

Similarly, if people want to criticise the signings, we should maybe have a look at some of the scouts. While I think of it, it's been a good while since a homegrown player made became a first team regular (Stephen Wright). And we sold him.

Not that that's stopped Arsenal, mind.

As for the coaches, I understand that the likes of Smicer, Diouf and Cheyrou look the business in training, so it's hard to say. Sometimes players just aren't cut out for the Premiership, I suppose. We've unfortunately learnt that the expensive way in some cases.
ivor_the_injun

Postby banana » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:05 pm

I mean it when I say GH has stolen 5 years of my life. I used to look forward to every game we played. We had great players and played attacking football. Not any more. Just admit it. We are dead boring. Football should be fun and exciting. The only reason why I watch Liverpool today is because it is a habit and a bad excuse to drink a few beers. Yes, liverpool has won a few throphies with GH as manager. Do you also remember that GH illness made Phil Thompson number one for a large part of that season. I believe PT should be given more credit than GH for our accomplishments that year.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:10 pm

banana wrote:. Yes, liverpool has won a few throphies with GH as manager. Do you also remember that GH illness made Phil Thompson number one for a large part of that season. I believe PT should be given more credit than GH for our accomplishments that year.

True!  I thought we played some of best games under Thommo, I was sorry that Foolier came back. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:38 pm

I was talking to a mate in the pub last night who told me that Shanks once said:"If you haven't built a team to win the league after 5 years you're not going to do it." I could have fallen off my chair. Has any one else heard that? I think thats right on the money. This talk of giving GH a war chest is MADNESS!!!Shanks would agree if he were around today, I know it in my water. I think deep down every honest LFC suppporter does to. Still hope we beat those mancs on Sat. Maybe it might even inspire some of those "I'm only here for the big wage and I couldn't care if the shirt was purple with blue polka dots" players. :angry:  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion