No bolanos deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:54 pm

After one week in England, Cristian Bolaños is back to the purple team as the transfer deal broke up.

Manager Rafael Benitez asked the player to play for a while in Spanish La Liga so that he could adapt to European football, and proposed a couple of teams from the Spanish League.

Jeustin Campos, Deportivo Saprissa "Sports Director" did not accept the proposal, as he is convinced about the ability of the player and decided the player will continue to play for Saprissa until the World Cup in Germany when they could think about a new transfer negotiation.

Both will be back on Tuesday at 9:30 PM
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Haven't really lost out have we?
jonnymac1979

Postby dward » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:01 pm

well said jonny :;):
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:12 pm

shame.. got overexcited for nothing  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:14 pm

To be honest the guy didn't impress me much when he played against us. He's supposed to be a right winger, to me he looked better on the left cutting in when he played against us. I couldn't see him becoming a first team member of the squad had we signed him.

I like the way rafa trials players and doesn't gamble with players that would waste our money (like houllier did)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:22 pm

well he is only 21.. and it was a good idea of rafa to propose him to some spanish teams for european football experience. o well then.. time to search for another gem.. Walcott anyone?  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:35 pm

Not really surprised, playing for a Costa Rican team and all.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:32 pm

A.B. wrote:Not really surprised, playing for a Costa Rican team and all.

Racist :D
115-1073096938

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Manager Rafael Benitez asked the player to play for a while in Spanish La Liga so that he could adapt to European football, and proposed a couple of teams from the Spanish League.

I find this somewhat weird. I mean even if the gaffer proposes a couple of teams of the Liga, I wonder if those would be interested on getting the player.

It seems to me that Rafa knows things that we don't! Which are the sources? I'd love to know if Rafa said exactly that
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:40 am

To be honest the guy didn't impress me much when he played against us. He's supposed to be a right winger, to me he looked better on the left cutting in when he played against us. I couldn't see him becoming a first team member of the squad had we signed him. I like the way rafa trials players and doesn't gamble with players that would waste our money (like houllier did)

Do you watch he played before ??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:47 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:After one week in England, Cristian Bolaños is back to the purple team as the transfer deal broke up.

Jeustin Campos, Deportivo Saprissa "Sports Director" did not accept the proposal, as he is convinced about the ability of the player and decided the player will continue to play for Saprissa until the World Cup in Germany when they could think about a new transfer negotiation.

Both will be back on Tuesday at 9:30 PM

The original thread

In light of the recent propoganda regarding the state of this forum, might I take the opportunity to suggest that this particular piece of information would have been better served in the original thread about his trial, (the link above).

Also that article is copied and pasted from RAWK, with no mention of your own opinion on the matter, so I would suggest that a discussion forum would be the wrong place to post it.

Thanks for  listening.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:01 am

lol leon have you engaged a lawyer to word your post's these days?
:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:37 pm

babu wrote:lol leon have you engaged a lawyer to word your post's these days?
:D

I am afraid that I can neither confirm nor deny those rumours, and my official statement is "no comment".
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion