Stupid footballers?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:21 pm

are the majority of footballers a bit thick and incapable of looking after themselves? its no secret that rio ferdinand isn't the brightest of players and that beckham has managed to learn about 6 words of spanish in all the time he's been there. by all accounts our own john arne riise wouldn't get past the £200 mark in 'who wants to be a millionaire'. the post match interviews very rarely contain an original thought.

its kind of understandable that the dedication it takes to reach the very top of a profession, sporting or otherwise, means that other areas are neglected. apparently einstein couldn't tie his own shoelaces or something.

i've just been reading the always excellent and interesting simon jordan column in the guardian, and this section amused me greatly;

"Last April a Fulham player liaison officer told the papers about some of his tasks. He said he'd been called out to Alain Goma's house because 'Goma's goldfish was swimming in the wrong direction'. He'd been called to rescue a player lost on the London Underground ('he was helpless'). He'd been called out by Fabrice Fernandes who kept waking up in the morning with a wet head, and discovered the player had been 'sleeping by an open window'."

errr - i just completely lost my train of thought, so i'll leave it there  :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:27 pm

:laugh:  Do you play footy Andy ?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:31 pm

i was defender at school 25 years ago, endlessly heading a wet casey. say no more! :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm

The Irish Times every week do a thing called "Planet football". Its quotes and snippets from the funnier side of football (strangely enough, its regularly populated by Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan).

From today's paper they had the following:

"We are still learning on a learning curve......(since Roy left)".

Rio Ferdinand reactions after the game last week since Keano got booted out.
Last edited by JBG on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:58 pm

Funny you should say that, my brother told me just the other day that he had read somewhere that the best footballers dont think when playing football. Its pure instints. Its kind of makes sense when you think about it, for me not a great player but not bad, when the ball flys at me I know exactly what to do bang and its in the back of the net, but when I have been put through one on one and got time to think about what Im going to do(not many times) I seem to think to much, shall I round the keeper? Should I place it? Power? and then I normally end up fluffing it. A bit like Cisse. :D
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:43 am

Harry Kewells bird on im a celebrity said last night Harry has terrible stretch marks, think Stupid footballer=Embarrasing bird  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:35 am

Some of the quotes from Georgie Best were confusing at best.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:12 pm

My favourite is Keegan's one a few years ago when England drew a friendly with Argentina, he said "we were probably playing the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that"

Footballers are (generally) thick.  why bother reading a book or using your brain when you get £50k a week for kicking a ball.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:26 pm

Jason Mc Ateer is one of the dumbest and rob jones he used to get called dave from only fools and horses
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:51 pm

any Everton player :D
82-1074641017

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 pm

Not football related but my friend left this morning for New York and said that the movies on the flight would be rubbish because they wouldn’t show anything with a viewer rating higher than PG.

I asked why this was he replied that it was because it was a day flight.

:D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chat Forum