Would crouch make a good defender?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mkingdom » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:39 pm

Not a CB for sure....and the way he's playing up front he isn't much else either.

I can see him being sold for £1m at the end of this season.

I just can't see him doing the business for us!
mkingdom

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:39 pm

Owen 10 wrote:Was just wondering what you think?

Got talking in the pub the other day about Crouch while watching the Liverpool match and it was suggested that he might make a better defender than a striker.

He's got the height, beef him up a bit, and teach him how to tackle and he be perfect.

He reads the game well, his anticipation and positional sense are very good, he may not be able to head a ball on target, but that wont really matter.

His big long bandy legs would let him tackle for about 6 feet away, and his good control and decent passing would see him be able to take the ball to mid and play his way out of trouble.

He's got some pace, not lightening, but will keep up with most, and more importantly he comes across as quite an intelligent footballer and person, meaning he could maybe quickly learn the position.

A lot of defenders start out as strikers, mainly earlier in their career, but its just a daft thought and was wondering what you lot thought? :)

Hi Gerard, how are thing over in your native France.

Nice to see Lyon doing well, and I wish you all the best.

However, as often was the case (Biscan) that idea is horrendous.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:16 pm

:laugh: paints a perfect picture now -how could we not see it
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnM99 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:20 pm

He's got quite a good touch for a goal post.
JohnM99

Postby nev » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:10 pm

I Think we should sell the useless man and buy quality, Let's put a bid for JERMAINE DEFOE, he is superb and an out and out striker. Crouch is best used as a goal post in the training grounds, thats is we cannot sell him
Regards
Neville Govender
Johannesburg
South Africa
nev

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:45 pm

Owen 10 wrote:Was just wondering what you think?

Got talking in the pub the other day about Crouch while watching the Liverpool match and it was suggested that he might make a better defender than a striker.

He's got the height, beef him up a bit, and teach him how to tackle and he be perfect.

He reads the game well, his anticipation and positional sense are very good, he may not be able to head a ball on target, but that wont really matter.

His big long bandy legs would let him tackle for about 6 feet away, and his good control and decent passing would see him be able to take the ball to mid and play his way out of trouble.

He's got some pace, not lightening, but will keep up with most, and more importantly he comes across as quite an intelligent footballer and person, meaning he could maybe quickly learn the position.

A lot of defenders start out as strikers, mainly earlier in their career, but its just a daft thought and was wondering what you lot thought? :)

i've got an idea. lets put mellor in goal. i think he'd make a better keeper than a striker. he's that wide, nobody would ever score past him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Alanay » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:30 am

He might turn out to be a good defender. But, need to add muscle quite significantly.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnM99 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:22 am

Send him to train with Maradona for awhile, he'll puff up allright.
JohnM99

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion