The ray of hope

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:49 am

I am impressed, there must have been some serious words in the dressing room of late because the side was transformed, there were inspired performances from all I think, there was only one person that i thought didnt look hungry enough and that was sissoko.  I believe the starting lineup was by far our best 11, lets hope it stays that way and the results keep coming.   :bowdown  :hearts
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:50 am

Good performance but it will mean nothing if we don't follow it with another good performance and result in the Premiership.

We need to build on good performances and results, not go one step forward and two back.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:01 am

Well said and very true, but this may be the result we were looking for to turn our season around, we played like a team today, and dare I say it we played like Liverpool.  One downside, I am still worried of the lack of goals strikers are getting, but, Cisse and Mori were hungry today, if they carry on like this, the goals will come soon enough.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:07 am

but this may be the result we were looking for to turn our season around,

And I thought that when we beat Arsenal last season at Anfield but unfourtanetly that didn't happen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:09 am

OneHotRed wrote:I am impressed, there must have been some serious words in the dressing room of late because the side was transformed, there were inspired performances from all I think, there was only one person that i thought didnt look hungry enough and that was sissoko.  I believe the starting lineup was by far our best 11, lets hope it stays that way and the results keep coming.   :bowdown  :hearts

I like the enthusiasm, but TBH we were not that good and we need to improve a lot, and hopefully pick the same team for the game against Anderlecht, get a win and actually start getting a few wins on the trot and gather some momentum, before we jet off to the Far East.

Also I think singling out Sissoko is unfair, it was him that allowed Alonso to spread the ball and dictate play, so he may not have looked impressive, but as is the same with players when they play that role (Didi, of course, is one of the most underrated players we have ever had!) such as Makalele.

Great we got the result, but we need to use this and kick on for the rest of the season.

YNWA       
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:15 am

We were not that great i know your right there but considering the awfull performances  recently, i think we played like gods :D , and i've always rated didi :D, i'd have prefered him than sissoko to be honest, thats the sort of player I feel we need in Jan, we'll see what happens
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:22 am

The thing is, Sissoko, IS 'that' player, ok, he is young, but you see him more than Didi (IMO) because they offer the same services to the team,(though Sissoko can also play as an attacking Midfielder too), but Sissoko has much more energy (due to age of course!).     
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:28 am

Maybe your right, Im still undecided to be honest, hope he is though :D
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:33 am

I'm not sure what game some people watched. Yesterday was not a "good performance". Don't get me wrong, the win was badly needed and Liverpool were the superior team on the day, but we were patchy and there were flaws right across the pitch.

There was a problem with our shape in midfield and our forwards were inept - all things being relative of course.

A win is a win, however, but don't get too carried away.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jack66 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:52 pm

JBG wrote:I'm not sure what game some people watched. Yesterday was not a "good performance". Don't get me wrong, the win was badly needed and Liverpool were the superior team on the day, but we were patchy and there were flaws right across the pitch.

There was a problem with our shape in midfield and our forwards were inept - all things being relative of course.

A win is a win, however, but don't get too carried away.

so you didnt know this already.i think you will find most liverpool supporters have got a good idea of the state of affairs,but lets not be a killjoy oh high and mighty one.
jack66

Postby dward » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:10 pm

jack66 wrote:lets not be a killjoy oh high and mighty one.

let's not be getting rude to JBG :oh:  :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:23 pm

:D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:11 pm

No, like I said it wasnt a great performnace but it was a damn sight better than anything we have done recently.  Gave me a little hope instead of the dread and loathing I've had recently! ???
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:14 pm

While not getting carried away with the win and having only seen the extended highlights on footy first i think we should take good heart from what was a professional peformance from a team that is very low on confidence. The lads got the earlyish goal and then didn't appear to sit back on it and went looking for the second one. The form of the front men is still concerning but it certainly looks to me that if they could just get a couple in consecutive games then the goals will start flowing 'cos we are certainly creating plenty of chances.
Overall lets hope that the players have taken a lot of positives out of this game and put in another performance against Anderlecht and also in a very tricky looking game at Villa next week. Anyone know whether MILAN is goin' to be fit for that one???
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion