Hjc cup cancelled

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mottman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:15 pm

Dear all,
Due to unforseen circumstances (SKY), next month's HJC Cup has been cancelled.

We have looked into the options of shifting days and potentially shifting venues, but no acceptable solution has been found.

It is my and the other organisers' view that if the tournament is to run, it should be run in the format which is now proven. With some 200 players to cater for, plus another 100 or so spectators, I'm not prepared to take a chance on a makeshift tournament, as the primary concern has to be the long term success of the competition, for the good of the competition, the HJC and the players / teams involved.

Appologies for any inconvenience caused. Rest assured that as soon as I have TV schedules for the coming season (July / August) We'll set the wheels in motion for HJC Cup 4, hopefully bigger and better than ever.

In the meantime, those of you who have booked accomodation etc and are planning on going to the match regardless, I wish you all a cracking weekend and please take 10 minutes out of your sunday to visit the HJC shop, opposite the kop.

Thanks for your understanding, and feel free to contact me karlb@hjccup with any queries.

Karl
The HJC Cup was scheduled to take place on Sunday May 2nd, the Middlesborough game was scheduled for 1st May.

The Middlesborough home game has now been changed to Sunday 2nd of May.

Thank you Sky.
mottman

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion