Gerrard - England captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:14 pm

Woollyback wrote:The FA however is definitely a southern-centric organisation, only playing games around England since Wembley closed. The minute the new Wembley opens (if ever) we'll be waiting a long time to see England play anywhere else regardless o how successful the tours round the counrty have been.

Anyway guys, here's a question for you - I'd rather see Liverpool win the premiership and regain some of our past glory than see England lift the world cup. I'd be interested to hear everybody's views on that.

Good point and a mind f*ck of a question  :D
Totally agree with your point about what will happens when the new Wembley opens. I think that taking the team around the country was a great idea, footy fans outside of London deserve to watch their national team without it costing them an arm and a leg just to travel.
As for the club v country question .........hmmmmm ?
Can't we have both ? no ? ok Liverpool to lift the premiership.
Whichever way I vote I feel a bit of a traitor. :(  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:30 pm

Being Welsh doesn't have many advantages but one of them is I can detatch myself from the England issue! :)  :)

On another side-issue, the FA should've sited the new national stadium in the midlands, rather than in the middle of one of the world's most crowded, congested, poorly-accessed, overpriced cities. But then again, to the FA it only matters what serves London best, boll##ks to everybody else.
:(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:35 pm

Woollyback wrote:On another side-issue, the FA should've sited the new national stadium in the midlands, .

This was discussed but they decided those Brummie accents might put the players off their game  :D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:52 pm

Don't really understand how any football-loving Englishman can not really care how the national team gets on. Have always loved the way everyone forgets their club alliances to get behind the one team during the world cup and the Euros. Sure I prefer to see the likes of Owen and Stevie get the plaudits so i can turn around and say it was the Liverpool lads that won it for us - But, if i'm honest, i couldn't care less who gets the goals as long as we win.

Stu - Am i right in saying you don't support the National team coz you don't like the way rags like the Mirror and the Sun have a Mancs/Southern bias? Is that not a little petty?

I'm a Liverpool fan but i'm not a scouser so don't really understand why a scouser would not really care how the national team gets on. I have Scouse relatives who are as passionate about England as the next man.

I hate this country and hate the mentality of the people in it in general. Of course there are exceptions but the general attitude here is shocking. Its about fighting, building something up then knocking it down etc etc. English people in general lack patience and the will to learn, in general they often think they have all the answers.

The whole country hates scousers, we're all thieves and dolites apparently and we p#ss on our own and rob from the pockets of the dead. Tell me why i should support a nation that thinks this?

I couldn't give a flying f##k about the national team, i want our players to succeed for the good of LFC, not this shitwhole of a nation.

I ain't gonna go into the political side of things but that stinks aswell.

I can't stand the attitude towards our players and i can't stand the way this country's FA is run.

As for your question of what i'd take LFC winning the Charity Shield would make me happier than England winning anything. LFC winning the league, Fa Cup, Europian cup, League cup or Uefa cup is something i can't wait for again. That feeling was immense. The pride i felt when we won those trophies a few years back, the pride i'd feel if we won the premiership and europian cup could never be matched by anything England could do.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:00 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Don't really understand how any football-loving Englishman can not really care how the national team gets on. Have always loved the way everyone forgets their club alliances to get behind the one team during the world cup and the Euros. Sure I prefer to see the likes of Owen and Stevie get the plaudits so i can turn around and say it was the Liverpool lads that won it for us - But, if i'm honest, i couldn't care less who gets the goals as long as we win.

Stu - Am i right in saying you don't support the National team coz you don't like the way rags like the Mirror and the Sun have a Mancs/Southern bias? Is that not a little petty?

I'm a Liverpool fan but i'm not a scouser so don't really understand why a scouser would not really care how the national team gets on. I have Scouse relatives who are as passionate about England as the next man.

I hate this country and hate the mentality of the people in it in general. Of course there are exceptions but the general attitude here is shocking. Its about fighting, building something up then knocking it down etc etc. English people in general lack patience and the will to learn, in general they often think they have all the answers.

The whole country hates scousers, we're all thieves and dolites apparently and we p#ss on our own and rob from the pockets of the dead. Tell me why i should support a nation that thinks this?

I couldn't give a flying f##k about the national team, i want our players to succeed for the good of LFC, not this shitwhole of a nation.

I ain't gonna go into the political side of things but that stinks aswell.

I can't stand the attitude towards our players and i can't stand the way this country's FA is run.

As for your question of what i'd take LFC winning the Charity Shield would make me happier than England winning anything. LFC winning the league, Fa Cup, Europian cup, League cup or Uefa cup is something i can't wait for again. That feeling was immense. The pride i felt when we won those trophies a few years back, the pride i'd feel if we won the premiership and europian cup could never be matched by anything England could do.

Thats what I call a balanced personality,
He's got a chip on both shoulders.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:34 pm

He's an angry young man indeed, got a mind like a box of wasps and would start an argument with himself if there was nobody else to disagree with  :;):
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:33 am

STU u have a problem.
and your comments are a joke.
The whole country hates scousers, lets first of all show this to be incorrect. (I DONT) so that shows this point u made is cr#p. What i will say is, if you STU are the voice for all scousers its no wonder people dont like them much.

I'm english i luv my country luv my national team
I pride my self on it.
I have been attending England games as well as Liverpool Home and away for many years now.
Meeting all the various fans from all the different clubs and having a drink with them.
Chatting about football both National and club.
Arsenal, Derby, Liverpool, Forest, southend 2 name but a few, all mixing and chatting together.
In my opinion this is what makes the english people the best on the planet, and its something our government cannot take away from us.
To answer your question STU as to where i'm from. It dosent matter i'm from England thats all that matters.

STU (BOY)
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:41 am

Well said Dav, I thought you'd gone all Winston Churchill on us for a moment there!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:49 am

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight PEOPLE LIKE STU on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Blood, toil, tears and sweat

I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this government: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering.

You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

Let that be realised; no survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope.

I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:54 am

Fu*k me!!!! You have gone all Winston!!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:57 am

Nice stuff DAV, there's another of his classics about when a woman MP he's been winding up all day in parliament says "If you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea" to which Churchill replies "Madam if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Another bit of banter with the same woman when he says "Madam, you're ugly!" and she replies "And Sir, you're drunk" only for Churchill to come back with "Aah, but I shall be sober in the morning!"

Absolute genius, albeit f##k all to do with football!
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:59 am

LOL did u spot my little alteration

we shall fight PEOPLE LIKE STU on the beaches
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:02 pm

Seen and noted! Incidentally what is LOL? I've worked out most of the abbreviations that keep cropping up in posts but what is it?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:03 pm

Laugh out loud
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion