Phillips backs crouch! - For both the reds and england

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gleneagle2000 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:50 pm

Kevin Phillips has paid testament to former team-mate Peter Crouch, believing the Liverpool striker can have a huge impact for both The Reds and England.

Phillips played alongside Crouch at Southampton, and he believes that the target man will show his worth at the highest level.

"His height is a massive attribute," Phillips told Sky Sports News. "He's obviously one of the biggest centre forwards in the league but people don't realise what great feet he's got.

"He's not the quickest but he's no slouch. He will hold his hand up and say he's not the quickest but he's got quick feet and he can read the game well. 

"His game has come on tremendously in the past year and his finishing as well is so composed.

"His all round game is coming on tremendously and, for me, he will only get better as he plays more and more for Liverpool."

Phillips believes that Crouch would be an ideal foil for Michael Owen in the England side.

"I can only speak for myself but I'm sure Michael Owen would benefit from playing alongside someone of Crouchy's stature," he said.

"We always played well, always scored and complemented each other so I'm sure Michael and Crouchy can form a great partnership for England."
gleneagle2000

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:07 pm

Looks like all his buddies and ex employees are coming out waving the Crouch is quality banner. He needs all the good publicity he can get just now. Think it may help soothe the feeling we bought another dud, at least until the next game. Thing is we are almost at the we told you so stage with Crouch and he so needs a goal. Had a feeling if he got off to flyer he may be ok, but the longer this drifts on the tougher it gets. He may never recover. At the end of hes a forward so he must SCORE so lets have it Crouchy  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion