Van der meyde - Right sided problem solved!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:44 pm

Dutch winger Andy van der Meyde is desperate to end his nightmare spell at Inter Milan.
Van der Meyde claimed he "would rather play in a Mickey Mouse league" than be a substitute at the San Siro.

Van der Meyde moved to Inter from Ajax in the summer but has so far found first-team opportunities limited.

"If an interesting club comes for me I will think about it," he told Voetbal International.

saw him play for inter at highbury earlier this season and he looked top quality to me. he's only young and surely we should be moving to bring him in and play him wide right in our problem position. he has been linked with birmingham but surely he would jump at the chance to play for a club with our tradition and history.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:06 pm

But he's not proven premiership quality.

Thought thats what you were after? or was that someone else?

Not seen enough of him to pass comment to be honest, supose he can't be that bad if he's played for Inter, Ajax and Holland though ay?
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:56 pm

How much would Liverpool pay him? Probably a lot of money and will be a lot of competiton from different clubs who want him too, I been told that Barcelona are interested too, to sign to replace Marc Overmar who might be coming to England this summer.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:16 pm

van der meyde is a player who would definately bring something good to our play, could be the answer to our width problem
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMER » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm

personally I would rather buy Shaun Wright Phillips as he's playing in the premiership and playing well. I don't want us to waste any more money on unproven, expensive players-buy british-plenty of good young players in the premiership
HOMER

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:54 pm

I have only seen Van der Meyde play a couple of times, but he looked excellent against the Gunners at Arsenal this season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:19 pm

Van de Meyde is highly rated but i don't think we can afford to buy any more players that will need time to acclimatise/find their feet. I also like Wright-Phillips - he ran us absolutely ragged when we played away to City over xmas earlier this season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion