Cisse: my future is at anfield - End to speculation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Everton Killa » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:05 am

France striker Djibril Cisse has ended recent speculation linking him with a move back to Ligue 1 by pledging his long-term future to Liverpool.
The 24-year-old has struggled to establish himself at Anfield since joining from Auxerre last summer and has been linked with a potential move to either Monaco or PSG.

However, with the Reds missing out on the signing of England striker Michael Owen to Premiership rivals Newcastle, Cisse insists he is determined to stay and fight for his place in the team.

He said: "I was rumoured to go everywhere. But during my discussions with Benitez, there was never any question of leaving.

"My future is with Liverpool. I was first linked to Newcastle, then it was Marseille and now Monaco."

Monaco vice-president Gerard Brianti admitted earlier on Tuesday the mercurial Frenchman was a transfer target, but Cisse has closed the door on any potential move by declaring his loyalty to the European champions.

He said: "I have another three years on my contract and I am staying at Liverpool. There is no need to panic, why should I leave?

"I am trying to ignore everything I read, but I am annoyed by it all. I never asked to leave."
Everton Killa

Postby African-red » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:25 am

I really don't know why manager would risk selling his current top striker in hopes of discovering a gem somewhere. It seems there was some witch-hunt or conspiracy towards Cisse. I mean everyone sank into the belief that we would not see him again. MO now says it was easy deciding for NCU, very ambitious. I like him as a player but I am having troubles forgiving him. This was a hell of a transfer season. One to remember. I am a bit more cool today because I know the transfer season ends and RB can concetrate on the fixtures ahead. How Cisse was on the brink of being sold in incomprehensive. If it was for the reason that we would have MO it is still  incomprehensive. We sold Baros, Moro is misfiring terribly, Crouch still has to prove show us much more, Garcia is becoming very annoying with those flicks that achieve nothing. Who was trying to commit suicide? The board or RB? It is fair enough to give Cisse a season and see what he has to offer and I hope he can prove many critics wrong. I know he's hurt and I hope we can mend the bond come next transfer period. And what is with some players that come to Liverpool and just start to underperform. I mean sometimes I can't belive that is the same Zenden that played for Boro last season. He was pathetic against CSKA Moscow man. And it goes to many others new signings. I hope things will change for the best this season and more silverware.
African-red

Postby Everton Killa » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:38 pm

yh everyones jus gotta have time because there all very different players Cisse is our 2nd top goalscorer behind gerrard hopefully against spurs he'll score sum more and keept goin at it
Everton Killa

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion