True story - I think its funny

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby babu » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:46 am

I thought i share a conversation l had with a police officer last night. I think its rather funny.

I live and work in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Last night I was taking a lovely young lady from singapore out for dinner. After I picked her up from her hotel, I took a wrong turn. This meant i would have to travel about 2 km's in heavy traffic to correct the mistake. So i turned into a lane that i suspected was a taxi lane only.

Sure enough there were two cops waiting to book people for doing just that.
The cop i spoke actually spoke very good english so the whole consversation was in english.

Cop: Do you know you have driven up a taxi and bus lane?

Me: I thought the sign said after 6.30pm this was a normal lane. ( i saw a yellow sign but did not read it )

Cop: This is a taxi lane only. no sign says you can drive here. why did you do it?

Me: Because i thought the sign said i could do it.

Cop: NO! There is no such sign. Show me the sign.

Me: Look i am not arguing with you, I just thought the sign said that. (i was resigned at this stage to getting a fine)

Cop: OK. License please.

Me: (malaysian lisense had expired so i handed him my australian one).

Cop: (his face falls as he see the foriegn lisense..too much paper work) Australian lisence.... expired as well.. no wait i see its 2006.

.. he asks me where i work etc, trying to determine if i am a foriegner i think..

Cop: OK, I will give you a warning this time.

Me: Thank you officer.

Cop: (he leans closer and gives me a stern look) NEXT TIME DO NOT THINK!!!

Me: Thank you, I'll try not to think from now on.
(i drive off :censored: myself)

I am hoping after i turned the corner the copper realised what i said. anyway i had a laugh.  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:21 am

surprised he didnt ask for the obligatory 50 rm.

i got stopped once for turning right where i wasnt supposed to (near masjid jamek station). when i produced my british licence he just muttered 'matt salleh' and threw the licence back at me and let me go. your right, i dont think he could be bothered with the hassle.

ive never been told to not think in the future though   :D
112-1077774096

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:56 am

BABU, when you gave the guy your license, did you give him your real one, or one with a pseudonym on it?? :p

:glare:
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:12 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:When you gave the guy your license, did you give him your real one, or one with a pseudonym on it?? :p

:glare:

are you asking me or babu?
112-1077774096

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:18 am

Baboon!!!
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:21 am

babu wrote:Last night I was taking a lovely young whore from singapore out for dinner.

:lookaround
76-1115222408

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:18 am

Babu, are you sure it was a female you picked up ??, you never know in those parts. remember the crying game n all :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:40 am

It's great when police let you off, I got pulled in Liverpool doing 120mph and accellerating, the officers asked me how fast I thought I was going, I said "about 80?", he said "no you were doing well over 100 cos this isn't a slow car and we struggled to catch you up" (referring to the Volvo T5) :D

I got off with a producer, I was shatting myself in the back of the car as I thought they were gonna throw the book at me
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:24 am

You were lucky then.......i got clocked at 97.54  (they showed me)......slowing down.I had been doing 115mph........3 points and £60 that cost me
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:37 am

drummerphil wrote:You were lucky then.......i got clocked at 97.54  (they showed me)......slowing down.I had been doing 115mph........3 points and £60 that cost me

you're both jammy bastards, I got done by a copper with a camera on a motorway bridge a few years back

It was a clear summer's evening coming up the M6 with virtually no traffic and he got me at 96mph - 4 points with £150 fine + £35 costs courtesy of Crewe magistrates  :(  A mate of mine got pulled by an unmarked motorway car at 115mph in his Clio Williams and he got 6 points and £450 fine, so you 2 gits have been lucky  :oh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:34 pm

babu wrote:I thought i share a conversation l had with a police officer last night. I think its rather funny.

I live and work in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Last night I was taking a lovely young lady from singapore out for dinner. After I picked her up from her hotel, I took a wrong turn. This meant i would have to travel about 2 km's in heavy traffic to correct the mistake. So i turned into a lane that i suspected was a taxi lane only.

Sure enough there were two cops waiting to book people for doing just that.
The cop i spoke actually spoke very good english so the whole consversation was in english.

Cop: Do you know you have driven up a taxi and bus lane?

Me: I thought the sign said after 6.30pm this was a normal lane. ( i saw a yellow sign but did not read it )

Cop: This is a taxi lane only. no sign says you can drive here. why did you do it?

Me: Because i thought the sign said i could do it.

Cop: NO! There is no such sign. Show me the sign.

Me: Look i am not arguing with you, I just thought the sign said that. (i was resigned at this stage to getting a fine)

Cop: OK. License please.

Me: (malaysian lisense had expired so i handed him my australian one).

Cop: (his face falls as he see the foriegn lisense..too much paper work) Australian lisence.... expired as well.. no wait i see its 2006.

.. he asks me where i work etc, trying to determine if i am a foriegner i think..

Cop: OK, I will give you a warning this time.

Me: Thank you officer.

Cop: (he leans closer and gives me a stern look) NEXT TIME DO NOT THINK!!!

Me: Thank you, I'll try not to think from now on.
(i drive off :censored: myself)

I am hoping after i turned the corner the copper realised what i said. anyway i had a laugh.  :D

Anyway did you have a nice night with this girl ??
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:28 pm

It was my birthday, her present was nice.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:35 pm

hope she did'nt turn out to be one of those 'lady boys' mate, I'm led to believe it rife with them over there.  :ghostface:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum