Houllier out petition - My names so far

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redstorm » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:26 am

lets just face the fact that houllier is gonna go unless we win the uefa cup and get fourth place this season. If not, he will GO automatically. There is no need for all these petitions and stuff dont u think so? ???
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:59 am

redstorm wrote:lets just face the fact that houllier is gonna go unless we win the uefa cup and get fourth place this season. If not, he will GO automatically. There is no need for all these petitions and stuff dont u think so? ???

Well todays result has proved I am right to protest against Houlliers management, the guy is a loser.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:49 am

What is the telephone no of the samaritans .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:41 pm

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier refused to blame Michael Owen after his missed penalty proved costly in the 2-0 loss away to Southampton.
"He's my penalty taker. He's been a bit unlucky with his last two but he's a good penalty taker," said Houllier.

"I like him when he takes a penalty - I'm not going to blame him.

He added: "I think the turning point was when the linesman made a mistake with their first goal - it was offside and we all know that."

Houllier was unhappy with the linesman for not flagging James Beattie for offside and felt his side were suffering from their Uefa Cup exploits.

He added: "We were in control in what was not an easy game on the back of a European performance.

"You are always going to be affected by a tough European game in midweek, but the linesman changed the game.

"The players here at Southampton wanted to impress their new manager but I didn't think they needed the linesman's help to that extent.

"We had the better chances in the first half and Jerzy Dudek didn't have a lot to do.

"Their keeper got the man of the match award and that says everything.

"We're not very happy with the result but still have 11 matches to play and know it is still in our hands."

what a load of sh#te. that says it all about houllier for me. what on earth is he harping on about. owen unlucky with the last two penalties. my little four year old cousin could have saved them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mmbb » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:00 pm

Wouldn't it be more effective if we stop turning up for a couple of home matches. this will show the board our feelings about GH.
mmbb

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:09 pm

I used to be happy when we won a penalty award, now I fear Owen will take it and miss. Owen's confidence must be rock bottom, why can't Gerrard take the responsibility. First time Southtampon have done the double over us in 40 years - says it all :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby e449e » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:10 pm

Gerrard Houllier has to go, no doubt abt it. Rest Owen for a few matches, drop Cheyrou, play Murphy and hope for the best. Tat's all i can say at the moment.
e449e

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm

As for Houllier, he headed back to Merseyside, not only trying to remember when he had run over a black cat but also attempting to piece together an explanation as to how Liverpool came away empty-handed from a game they really bossed from start to finish.

And while Liverpool were unlucky, Houllier will have come up with something better than that - judging from the thunderous expressions on the faces of chairman David Moores and chief executive Rick Parry as they brusquely asked a steward to be shown to the dressing room.

They will want answers to the same questions that Liverpool fans want explanations for.

Most of all, Moores, Parry, Liverpool fans and England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will want to know what has happened to Michael Owen.

Questions like, why are Liverpool unable to keep a clean sheet and how can they concede two goals to a team who only had two shots?

Questions like, why do certain Liverpool players consistently under-perform and show a complete lack of heart for the cause when Houllier has backed his judgement in bringing them in at vast expense?

Most of all, Moores, Parry, Liverpool fans and England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will want to know what has happened to Michael Owen.

England's top striker - and the bearer of the nation's biggest goalscoring hopes in Euro 2004 - looks a pale shadow of his former self.

Claims that he is going through a bad patch are looking hollow as Owen appears to be playing with his mind elsewhere, which in turn affects his penalty-box sharpness.

His second penalty miss in successive visits to the south coast just rounded off a calamitous afternoon for Owen.

By the time he placed the ball on the spot, he had already missed two gift-wrapped chances. The first was the sort of one-on-one duel with the keeper he used to put away in his sleep. The second led to him stabbing the ball against the post from three yards out.

No surprise that his body language spoke of a shrinking violet when preparing for his penalty. And no surprise that Niemi made a disconcertingly-comfortable save from a weak kick.

You could see where one tabloid journalist wanted to take the post-match press conference as he questioned Houllier about claims that Owen regularly seeks racing tips from jockey Tony McCoy.

Houllier shrugged off the allegations about Owen's gambling by stating: "That is his own private life."

But Houllier then offered the striker his backing and added: "Michael is going through a tough period and that is when he needs his manager to lean on."

Chairman Moores will want to know, though, at what point his manager thinks a player's private affairs affect his performance on the pitch.

Unfortunately for Houllier, he visited the last resort of the desperate by blaming officials, claiming: "The turning point was when the linesman made a major mistake for their first goal. How can he miss an offside that wasn't even close?"

Neither do Liverpool supporters want to hear their manager sourly and churlishly bleating: "Their goalkeeper was man of the match - and that tells you everything."

It says nothing to Liverpool fans why their team have only won once in seven Premiership outings and are wallowing in eighth place.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 82-1074641017 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:53 am

A big thanks to Puddy Heskey for putting his name forward :cool:

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:03 am

I've said it before , I'll say it again....... "LET STEVIE TAKE THE PENALTIES !!! " he's the captain and he will at least BOOT the fkn ball. As for GH insisting that Owen will continue to take penalties  !!! for christ sake !!! what kind of man management is that ???? ???? ??? M.O is low on confidence , his record on penalties of late is an absolute stinker and he would probably give a big sigh of relief to have the penalties taken by somebody else but of course GH knows better. What a W*NKER:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bryan_j » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:11 pm

Gerard should go. 2001 was as far as he could take Pool since then he's spent millions on players not up to Liverpool standards (Diao, Diouf, Cheyrou) and he cant get the best out of guys like Owen, Sami, Kewell and Murphy. I dont think he can motivate them anymore and the board should look for someone to take the team forward. I hope Martin O'Neill stays at Celtic though!
bryan_j

Postby ynwa » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:11 pm

what about sven as manger when gh gets sacked he has droped evey player who has been playing sh##e why does he not do it to owen
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion