Racism

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skipper » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:41 pm

From Sky sports:

Djibril Cisse insists he will not be affected by the racist abuse he received during Liverpool's win over CSKA Sofia.

The French international was barracked by the home fans in Bulgaria during Liverpool's 3-1 success.

The unsavoury matter is set to be reported by Uefa and the Bulgarian champions could be punished by Europe's governing body.

Cisse was disappointed at the abuse directed at him, but is adamant it will not affect him.

"This is the first time anything like this has happened to me," said Cisse.

"I think the only solution is to educate people so they understand that they should not be doing this.

"I am strong enough to deal with it, and I don't let it affect me. I am just sad that we have to talk about this issue rather than football.

"You really can't stop these people doing this. It is not CSKA's fault and I do not know what can be done.

"When it happens I am sorry for football because no-one wants it. Normally I do not have this sort of problem.

"It began when I tried to put a cross in on the right in the second half, and the fans there started to do these monkey noises."

That's unacceptable.  Why does racism have to exist in this world?
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:55 pm

Skipper, sorry lad, no chance. 

We've had one racist thead get deleted already today, last week, I had to delete another one, the week before etc....

I don't care, it's not fuc*ing worth it, I'm not in the mood for this.  It's a football forum.  I know Cisse was racially abused in Bulgaria, we all know but I've been on this forum coming up two years, and as a moderator four months, I've seen scores of racism threads in that time, and all's that happens is that I get complaing PM's left right and centre saying that people don't agree with each other, people want this or that post deleted, people want this member or that member warned, because we have a multi-cultural fan base, and all's it takes is for one person to say the wrong thing and hell breaks loose, the can of worms is opened, and we have chaos.

To all the other members who have been here a long time who know me, I'm not trying to censor any threads, I'm not trying to protect you from anything that will cause your sensitive eyes grief, I'm not trying to keep the peace, or cause arguments, I'm simply saving a lot of :censored: trouble on this forum in the long run.  I'm a realist.  You all know me.

There are members on here who are twice the age of me, who have twice the experience in the real world than me, who have seen things I have not seen, who have experienced more than I will ever experience, but I am at the point now where I am fed up with the racism threads on this board.  You have to be sensitive with this issue, I'm not trying to avoid it, but I'm sick of cleaning up the mess afterwards.

I don't care if you disagree with me neither.  You try and moderate a racist thread and you will lose.  I give my free time up for this.  I'm fed up with it.  Stick to the football.  The season starts on Saturday.  Talk about that. 

As usual, PM me with any complaints you've got.  I've made my point.
jonnymac1979

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion